• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DeLauche in 22e Battalion Royale, WWI

D

delauche

Hello -

I am a recent member. If anyone is researching the 22nd Royal Battalion during WWI and comes across any information about anyone with the surname DeLauche, I would be obliged if you would contact me. My late father, Louis A. DeLauche, was from Canada. He was told that his father served in the 22nd Royal Battalion, 22e Battalion Royale during WWI, and was killed during the war.

I have no idea when I will be able to travel from Wisconsin to Ottawa to check archival records personally.

My thanks in advance for any help or leads.

Jean Elisabeth DeLauche
delauche@execpc.com

Updated contact information for Jean Elisabeth DeLauche: Please just reply to this message.  Thank you in advance

jdelauche said:
Updated contact information for Jean Elisabeth DeLauche: Please just reply to this message.  Thank you in advance

During WWI, the R22eR was known as the 22nd Battalion; the change to Regiment status came in 1920, then the Royal title in 1921.

I searched the online Regt'l archives, and did not find the name DeLauche.

The database is found at this link: http://www.r22er.com/
In the left column click on Patrimoine et protocole then on IN MEMORIAM

You can also contact the Regimental Archives:

Dossiers (archives) du Régiment : Caporal Bernier, CD 
courrier électronique : dossiers@r22er.com

Thank you so much for checking the 22nd Battalion archives so quickly for me. I've suspected the story about my father's father's army service was "just a story." I have found a De Lauche who enlisted during WWI.  He survived the conflict, but I do not think he served in the Vingt-Deuxieme. Since the surname spelling is the same, that man, Angus Frederick De Lauche, is the same as my father's (and mine) he may be a relative. I may never know.  :) My own father served in the Royal Hamilton Light Infantry before WWII, for a while.  Jean Elisabeth DeLauche

jdelauche said:
I've suspected the story about my father's father's army service was "just a story." I have found a De Lauche who enlisted during WWI.  He survived the conflict, but I do not think he served in the Vingt-Deuxieme.

You're welcome.

The story is understandable though; deep down, everybody would like to be a Vandoo !!  ;)

Seriously, good luck with your research !!

Thank you, Michael O'Leary, for checking on possible alternate spellings of my father's surname on the CEF Roll of Honour.  Jean Elisabeth DeLauche

ANGUS FREDERICK DELAUCHE WW1 ENlistment papers
- maybe a link? He was born in Bay City Michigan .......

http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/cef/001042-119.01-e.php?&id_nbr=348220&interval=20&&PHPSESSID=8aofs9oet38dps0c0mglgcbr93

Thank you for checking the Angus Frederick De Lauche/DeLauche CEF enlistment record. I have seen it. I also  have posted information about Angus's enlistment record on genealogy web sites. Only time will tell if I learn anything on a link with him or not. Also, the surname seems to have been easily misspelled and changed spelling over time.  Many thanks for looking.  Jean Elisabeth DeLauche

Back