• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Damage To Uniform...

tis true, I was going from the perspective of individual mbr's abusing the system. Which right about now I wish I could (it's hard going from Navy to Army on a Navy base, they just don't have all the scale kit I need)

ArtyNewbie said:
tis true, I was going from the perspective of individual mbr's abusing the system. Which right about now I wish I could (it's hard going from Navy to Army on a Navy base, they just don't have all the scale kit I need)

They may not stock it, but it is their job to order it on your behalf if you are entilted to it by the Scale. Don't let them tell you any different.

Cadets are never required to pay for damaged uniforms, as long as you did intentionally damage it.

surgite-AC said:
Cadets are never required to pay for damaged uniforms, as long as you did intentionally damage it.

As has already been duly noted in this thread numerous times, but thanks for reiterating ....

Anyone have any ideas on bulk-ordering kit for cadets, outside of the stuff good ol' Unicorp has on-line as available for bulk issue? Is there a paper-based workaround?

The screaming inefficiency of ordering and waiting for average-size items (from a unit Sup O point of view...) is almost equalled by the clunky, smarter-than-you-are online individual order interface. I can't just order six pair of 7336 pants, replacing issued stock... wastes Stores' time, and the cadet is often without a uniform for two or three weeks.

From what I understand, and this is going back a wee bit here but units are not "entitled" to stock kit so there should be no issue of replacing stocked kit, being no DA entitilement for it never existed. The problem with mass ordering from logisticorp is they are all individual SCA items. The way the process is supposed to work on paper is you enrol a cadet, size the cadet then order thier kit, even if it takes a few weeks (I have never had an item take more than 5 days) to get there. That of course brings up other issues, like what am I supposed to size from and on and on.  my 2 cents

quadrapiper said:
Anyone have any ideas on bulk-ordering kit for cadets, outside of the stuff good ol' Unicorp has on-line as available for bulk issue? Is there a paper-based workaround?

The screaming inefficiency of ordering and waiting for average-size items (from a unit Sup O point of view...) is almost equalled by the clunky, smarter-than-you-are online individual order interface. I can't just order six pair of 7336 pants, replacing issued stock... wastes Stores' time, and the cadet is often without a uniform for two or three weeks.

Cadet comes in, decides he's going to stay and join ... you size him one week ... his stuff should be in the next. Contracted delivery time is 5 days max in Canada. If it's taking longer than that habitually ... you should be drafting up a "non-compliance complaint" and send to your supporting Base Supply activity ... so they can address the overdue deliveries via PWGSC with the contractor.

ArmyVern said:
Cadet comes in, decides he's going to stay and join ... you size him one week ... his stuff should be in the next. Contracted delivery time is 5 days max in Canada. If it's taking longer than that habitually ... you should be drafting up a "non-compliance complaint" and send to your supporting Base Supply activity ... so they can address the overdue deliveries via PWGSC with the contractor.

Just for certainty, is five days the standard for cadet uniforms or only for CF uniforms?

ArmyVern said:
Five days? That's happened twice, out of fifty-odd orders this year. I'll be looking into this non-compliance business for next year!

When I was a cadet, you had to fill out an LTD Form (Lost, Theft, or Damage form)

Acer Syrup said:
When I was a cadet, you had to fill out an LTD Form (Lost, Theft, or Damage form)

Cadet uniforms used to be accounted for through the CF supply system: the corps or squadron drew them from base stores and issued them to the cadets, with the whole lot of it still on the corp or squadron's distribution account.  Today they are ordered directly from Logistik Unicorp and only accounted at the corps or squadron level.

Back