• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Current Dress Regs

Who’s the old codger in Denison smock and general officer tabs you’re having a chat with?

One of the good eggs... he was GOC Southeast District at the time:

Lt Gen Sir Mike Gray

I am surprised it didn’t make it here but the new (new) dress regs are in.

BLUF

Hair extending below the collar must be tied behind the back, away from the face
When accessories are necessary, they must be black or similar to the hair colour
Facial hair limited to 1in in length/bulk
Better definition of neatness, and other verbiage
Illustrations to show does and don’ts
Coloured hair still GTG.

BLUF

Hair extending below the collar must be tied behind the back, away from the face
When accessories are necessary, they must be black or similar to the hair colour
Coloured hair still GTG.
I'm sure there will be some people upset that they can no longer look like they are homeless...

Wheres the official release? There's no CANFORGEN, at least on the app that is.

BLUF

Coloured hair still GTG.
I’m actually surprised that coloured hair is still good. Some folks will still gnash their teeth at blue and pink hair.

Of course, now you can have the “multicoloured hair and black accessories” look :sneaky:

BLUF

Coloured hair still GTG.

Heidi Gardner Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I’m actually surprised that coloured hair is still good. Some folks will still gnash their teeth at blue and pink hair.

Of course, now you can have the “multicoloured hair and black accessories” look :sneaky:
Define coloured hair. Give a standard that includes / excludes "just for men". I'll wait...

The problem was not the new regs, it was the underlying assumption of professionalism and the reluctance of leaders, afraid for their careers because they knew they'd be hung out to dry by their bosses, to correct individuals who look like hoboes who let themselves go.

There, postulating a bit FY ;)

Going to depend on the person and the situation. Your asking a hypothetical about hypothetical people I have never met, seen, or have any sort of actual metric on which to judge if they performed to a higher or lower standard.

Afghanistan is also a poor indicator of what we should be basing our standards on. We were basically walking gods over there in terms of our complete and overwhelming superiority on land and air.
"...overwhelming supeiority on land..." seem to remember coalition forces being bloodied and handed their butts on more than one occassion.

Why not? A pride beard?

From Canada.ca

"Is unnatural-coloured hair acceptable in ceremonial orders of dress? And must accessories match the colour of hair?"

Yes, the colouring of hair is permitted in all orders of dress unless it inhibits an operational duty. For example, bright coloured hair may have a negative operational impact during field operations or training. Leaders are invited to discuss with their members to find a simple, suitable accommodation, such as a scarf to cover the hair. Accessories do not have to match the colour of the member’s hair. However, all accessories shall meet safety and operational requirements and not must not discredit the CAF.

Un-fucking-believable. So they decide to keep the shit the our allies hate, but you're not allowed to have more than an inch of beard. These assclowns deserve the implosion of the CAF.

Back