• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Current Dress Regs

We - or at least I - detest the big beret look. I am sure D&B can find a photo on line to show us all what a proper beret looks like. AND NOT CAF ISSUE

The good old CAF issue beret isn't that bad, if you rip out the liner and give it the ol' boiling water treatment.

Meanwhile: perfection (but only after some polite 'coaching' from Cpl. Balfour) ;)

1717386368770.jpeg

Do you normally look at groups of soldiers and wonder about their sexual health?
I suspect the Spanish Legion types get far more opportunity to explore the gambit of things to catch than most of our soldiers. Having also had more than a few ask me for advice when it hurts to pee, I guess the answer is "Yes".

Thankfully in my day, most was easily curable.

Yup, 1930. When the powers that be twigged to the fact that gentlemen across the Empire weren’t thrilled to have the post-nominal VD after their names and the Volunteer Decoration became the inspirationally named Efficiency Decoration. Fortunately by the time those letters themselves took on a new meaning, most of the recipients, like my Grandfather, were long dead…

The good old CAF issue beret isn't that bad, if you rip out the liner and give it the ol' boiling water treatment.
but removing the liner is destruction of government property and you could be charged (actually had junior officer tell me that after he asked how I managed to shape mine instead of the pancake he had.).

Actually have a question as this has come up a few times to me. do they not teach sleeve rolling on basic anymore? I am shocked when people ask me how I manage to get my sleeves rolled up so evenly and flat as it was learned on basic.

but removing the liner is destruction of government property and you could be charged (actually had junior officer tell me that after he asked how I managed to shape mine instead of the pancake he had.).

Actually have a question as this has come up a few times to me. do they not teach sleeve rolling on basic anymore? I am shocked when people ask me how I manage to get my sleeves rolled up so evenly and flat as it was learned on basic.
Nobody should be rolling sleeves anyways, it's no longer allowed in combats.

To be fair I am talking Army on Army.ca
to be fair letterkenny problems GIF

To be fair, it's also Milnet.ca, Navy.ca, and Air-Force.ca.

CADPAT is the working dress for the CA and RCAF.

We are also discussing CAF Dress Regs, not CA Dress Regs in this thread

Back