• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CSOR & JTF2 Recruiting

• Thread starter SheldonDVerge
  • Start date
??

At least for as long as I have been in the CF,  I don't recall there being any denial of JTF2 existing.  Plus for the last couple years(maybe/probably longer) there have been those JTF2 posters/banners(as well as CSOR) hung up in base gyms, etc.  I think the JTF2 internet site has been around for quite a while too,  I remember looking at it back in 2008.

Only thing new may be them having a booth at the Army Run,  and having a news article printed about them during Op Nanook.

Apologies, what i meant was not literal, more so "in the general public eye", referring to the article or media event you reference above.  For what it's worth, the booth and equipment display outside was quite impressive.

Cheers,

PV

Prior to my retirement, I was on the circuit with JTF2, CSOR, CJIRU, and SOAS recruiters.  We would go to different bases and give presentations, followed by questions and answers, and pass on any applicable information for potential candidates to help prepare themselves. The website should have a listing of the bases and dates for the recruiting drives.  I was also on the selection board for interviewing prospective candidates for my Unit.

I found the job to be very satisfying, and it was always good to see good turn outs.  It was a very nice way to finish my career (helping others with their goals and aspirations).

Cheers
Pop

Popurhedoff said:
Prior to my retirement, I was on the circuit with JTF2, CSOR, CJIRU, and SOAS recruiters.  We would go to different bases and give presentations, followed by questions and answers, and pass on any applicable information for potential candidates to help prepare themselves. The website should have a listing of the bases and dates for the recruiting drives.  I was also on the selection board for interviewing prospective candidates for my Unit.

I found the job to be very satisfying, and it was always good to see good turn outs.  It was a very nice way to finish my career (helping others with their goals and aspirations).

Cheers
Pop

Are you in the private sector now Pop?

JayB said:
Are you in the private sector now Pop?

Yes JayB,  I am in the private sector, I have been in Kabul for over a year now working as a PSD, Site Security Manager, Risk Managment Consultant.  Also mentoring and training the APPF (Afghanistan Public Protection Force) Officer's, NCO's and Guard force.

481863_10152268070225537_2008835081_n.jpg

Cheers
Pop

Popurhedoff said:
Yes JayB,  I am in the private sector, I have been in Kabul for over a year now working as a PSD, Site Security Manager, Risk Managment Consultant.  Also mentoring and training the APPF (Afghanistan Public Protection Force) Officer's, NCO's and Guard force.

481863_10152268070225537_2008835081_n.jpg

Cheers
Pop

That's awesome! What's that like?

JayB said:
That's awesome! What's that like?

You can't ask him that. You won't get an accurate answer. You have to ask Afghanistan what it's like having Pop  ;)

Pop, is it just me, or does the ghost cam take pounds off you?  ;D

Cheers and stay safe, brother.

G2G

Good2Golf said:

Cheers and stay safe, brother.

G2G
Gotta say that stuff looks wild.

Beadwindow 7 said:
You can't ask him that. You won't get an accurate answer. You have to ask Afghanistan what it's like having Pop  ;)

It is definatly rewarding, but also without the Big Green machine supporting you have to have your wits about yourself, your spidey sense has to be over active because your definatly on your own. In a Tic, you fight through it and mend yourself afterwards as you have no support.  I think Canadians overall have a very good reputation over here, and I have made a positive imprint of the locals that I interact with.

Good2Golf said:

Cheers and stay safe, brother

G2G

Hello G2G,  I have actually gained weight, one of the benifits of being with CANSOFCOM was the physical fitness, I carried that mindset over and keep in shape, at the gym 6 days a week.  Being in shape reduced the chances of injuries,  the ghost cam lies  :nod:

But back to the topic of recruiting, if you think you have what it takes and can pass selection, it will be the most rewarding undertaking of your life.  The Etho's, the training, the team work is definatly notches above being in the Military but you will learn more about yourself, you will dig deeper, work harder, and at time feel like packing it in, but I would not have changed it for anything,  it has made me a better person.

And now I am enjoying my retirement here in Kabul.

Cheers all

Pop

Back