• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Crazy IED Explosion

Wesley  Down Under said:
Never speculate DD, you just end up making an *** out of yourself. There is lots of power in that IED, don't let the video decieve you.

Wes
Yeah, I'm definitely out of my lane, just passing along what I was told from people who I thought had a fair amount of insight.  Particulariy one friend who's had 3 tours in Iraq and' been through atleast half a dozen IED attacks.

watching the vid reminded me of the mining operations in the first world war, the way that the ground lifted like that.  As for "powerless", just think about all that mass lifted up like that.  Takes a bit of power to do that, especially considering that in the explosion, the force is going in all directions, and the "dirt" we see flying up, albeit in seemingly slow motion, is just one side of the explosion.  Yikes, that's all I can say.

DirtyDog said:
Yeah, I'm definitely out of my lane, just passing along what I was told from people who I thought had a fair amount of insight.  Particulariy one friend who's had 3 tours in Iraq and' been through atleast half a dozen IED attacks.

I heard it from a friend....... thats not worth its weight in bat shyte!

Mate, with one yr's experience... you are out of your lane, glad you acknowledge that.

I was there, and although we did not get one ourselves ( previous tour had 5 IED's targeted at Australians, and tours since have been smashed too - we were fortunate), I was present when a biggie went off, a truck VBIED, heard it go, then seen the Hiroshima 'mushroo'm, and that took the lives of 69 people on Valentine's Day this year. I have pics, but they are too big to be loaded on here, or I would.

Our snipers were in a loophole in a hide near by, and seen bodies in the air higher than a 10 storey building!!! That indident was only one of thousands in Baghdad in a 7 month period. During my time there, IED's were  4804, VBIED's  874. Again Baghdad alone. I have no idea what the country total was.

Not a happy town. Glad I am home, yet last night's thunderstorms had my adrenal gland being exercised. Shyte, I have become conditioned.

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:
I heard it from a friend....... thats not worth its weight in bat shyte!

Our snipers were in a loophole in a hide near by, and seen bodies in the air higher than a 10 storey building!!! 

The irony...  ;D

Infidel-6 said:
The irony...   ;D

It was so noted, as it come out of the daily Int brief, which I was in attendance.

I thought to myself I hope it was not was they were pretty much certain it was.

Stay safe Kevin,

Wes

Back