• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CPC kit shop

S

Se7eN

Hi,
I was wondering if I could get some help. I ordered some shirts from the CPC kit shop. Now their website has changed and I cannot find their email. I cam concerned that my order might have been lost or their kit items may have not been in. Either way its been 4 weeks and I would like to know if their is any way I can contact them.

thanks in advance

-JH

Ha! Another dissatisfied customer. I ordered stuff from them in July, received it 6 weeks later AFTER calling then five times...only a memo accompanied my order saying they didn‘t have this and that and the other thing but will be shipping it soon. Still waiting. I urge you to send Cpl. V., the kit shop clerk, a memo detailing your order. I‘ll be sending mine once my midterms are over.

As for e-mail, I don‘t have it, want their snail mail address and phone number?

Yes please could you give me their snail mail and phone number???

thanks a ton

613-392-2811 ext. 2336 (at least according to the sheet I got when I did my jump course there a while ago)

Seven, I thought you hadn‘t even joined the army yet? It‘s considered very bad taste to wear an Airborne shirt you haven‘t earned, most people who have their course would take issue with that.

Spacemarine is very correct...................we would take exception to someone wearing arborne t-shirts and whatnot without even the basic para course. I graduated jump course back in 87 when it was in Edmonton,then becoming an active jumper, we always had something to say to people who wore the maroon without earning it

:cdn:

Just to give my two cents on the t-shirt issue...I got caught wearing an Airborne t-shirt before I had jumped. I didn‘t get a beating, nor did I get any big trouble, but the two cocky guys on the bus talked at me for no less than five minutes straight about earning it. The "rules" are pretty simple: You should have a jump course before wearing the t-shirt. Do I care? Not one bit. In fact advertising Canada‘s parachute capability (errr...or the remains of) to the general public is extremely important. Think of the Americans who will gladly sell Green Berets t-shirts or Navy Seals bathing suits at the county fair...it‘s nice and close to the tax paying public‘s culture.

Here is the info for the CPC, which was valid as of August: P.O. Box 1000 Stn Forces
Astra ON K0K 3W0

(613)-392-2811 Ext. 2336

Note: The voice mail is for the TRAINING CLERK...the trg clerk is also the kitshop clerk so don‘t worry, you‘ve reached the right office.

I‘d say leave the "advertising Canada‘s parachute capability" to the people who know something about it. As for the Americans who sell Ranger and SEAL shirts and whatnot, that‘s because their country is filled with wannabe‘s who will wear the stuff. The same goes for the CAR shirts every surplus store in Canada sells. I think that the store owners should show some self restraint and not sell products that someone had to earn the right to wear. Of course that‘ll never happen because most often it‘s the same type of people selling the shirts that are the ones buying them (wannabes).

Yes, I ordered the shirts while I am not as of yet in the Military or jump trained. Although I am joing this summer and hope to get my jump course the following summer (is this unrealistic??) make‘s pretty much no difference in what most of you think. I do respect your descisions. I will sound childish when I say this but it‘s my right, I have always wanted to be an Airborne soldier. The reason I bought the shirts were to remind me, also I am the most paranoid person in the world so when I heard we would have no para capability soon I wanted to keep a peice of history. If this is considered wrong I am sorry, Although it may seen like Im blowing smoke up your a** im not. Take my word for what you will, out of respect soldiers like yourselves I will not wear the shirts until I am qualified. You can snicker and say what you like, but at the end of the day I have to answer and live with me and myself.

Sorry if I caused any Ill will,

- JH

Sorry, but having your basic para course doesn‘t make you an "airborne" soldier. There‘s a great deal more to being "airborne" then making a good exit. It really all starts when you hit the ground. The CPC doesn‘t teach that, it barely touches on it. It takes time and training to become an "airborne" soldier. So on completion of the course you may belong to the "Airborne Brotherhood", but you‘re still not an "airborne" soldier. Good luck at getting in the right place to be one....BRING BACK THE AIRBORNE!

Unfortunatly if you wish to become an"Airborne" soldier you had better go South of the border!!!!The shambles of the para capability in Canada is a pathetic ruin,you have on one side the Para Coys which are basicly a bunch of chest shaving FNGs that have their jump course,a couple of Cas Paras and perpetual black eyes from getting the crap beat out of them for being stupid at bars.On the other the remains of the CAR scattered here and there,full of experience but with no way to pass it along because it seems that if 3 or more get together it considered some sort of illegal gathering.
There is no political or military will to resurrect the CAR so we make due with wannabes who put on a good show but in the end fail to cut the mustard.Is it their fault?... Definatly not but until our political masters decide to make some type of firm descision it will be a while before anyone marches past to "The Longest Day" again. So F$%K IT WEAR THE DAMN SHIRT IT DOESN‘T MEAN MUCH ANYMORE ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a nice sweater with the Ranger Tab on it....does this make me a wannabe?

I‘d like to point out that there‘s a very big difference between the really bad wannabe, who will never be whatever he aspires to be (in this case a paratrooper), and those who wear a t-shirt out of genuine admiration and support. They‘ll likely make it happen if they get the chance. Then again, after my run-in with the guys on the bus I never wore my t-shirt again until I got qualified, so....

Also, because of Canada‘s para policy we have many many more people who want to jump, then earn the beret, than get the chance. It isn‘t their fault they can‘t prove whether they have what it takes or not. I‘d like to prove I‘m AB Regt material but I‘ll never get the chance in Canada.

Personally I don‘t care who wears what,as long as you do not pretend to be what you are not.There is an entire website out there dedicated to exposing "pretend" Navy Seals.If you want to wear a SEAL,Ranger,or Rhodesian Light Infantry shirt or what ever, go ahead just don‘t try to pass yourself off as what you are not.

"Longest Day" hmm I always thought the March Past of the Airborne was "The Ride of The Valkeries"

Nope, it‘s the Longest Day alright. The Flight of The Valkeries may be the march past of the 101st or some other American unit but not of the Airborne Regiment.

Unfortunatly you don‘t have to earn your maroon beret anymore, you just get posted into the company. The Airborne Indoctrination Course is a thing of the past but in the RCR Para Coy you‘re issued a booklet/checklist of items to complete in order to earn your wings. Of course it‘s all Para related stuff, I don‘t really need to elaborate, too bad it‘s not the AIC......oh well.

I guess our ages are showing and I spelled
Valkyries incorrectly the first post. The march "The Longes Day" had not even been written when the Airborne was created in 1943. I can assure you that the" Ride of The Valkyries" has nothing to do with the U.S. Airborne although "The Longest Day" may have. The Ride of The Valkyries was the march past of all the British Airborne includint 1Can Para.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh.............AIC.........the good ol‘ days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cdn:

Don‘t wear the shirt unless you‘ve earned it. If your a civvie, do whatever, but I hope someone in the military has enough sense to wear what they‘ve earned. They‘re military units, not NHL teams. Besides, WHY would you want to wear a military Tshirt you haven‘t earned anyways??? Most guys I know hesitate to war course shirts....

Not to state the obvious but the CPC kit shop is quite possibly missing out on a large chunk of cash by not selling to those interested in showing support.

The solution, IMHO, is to steal a page from the OMG‘s. They pull in a good chunk of "legal" change by printing up shirts with "Support your local <OMG>" on the front with the crest displayed prominently on them. You‘d be surprised at the number of dirtbags who want to run around sporting a OMG crest and this is the only way they can do it without getting stomped.

It‘d work the same way for CPC. Supporters would be able to wear the maroon and those who have earned it would still be distinguishable from those who bought it off the net, much the same as the Airborne Regt had a distinct shirt to distinguish the members who had passed Indoc and served with the Regt from those who had just taken the jump course.

Well
I hate clowns that ware the maroon and blue that have not earned it. I served in the Airborne Battle Group from 84 until its disbandment in 94. a jumper since 85. Was operational with the RCD jump troop in 86 to 93. I have 5 different countrys wings, a JM, and more jumps than some that were in the Comm., so I think I have the right to be pissed off.
Somepeople who wear it have no clue of the blood, sweat, pain we go through. hours on the racks, landings, aircraft drill and all the PT. So if you wear, it earn it. Its like the A**holes who wear white leafs and have not served a day in ABG or even in Petawawa or the school. And for the Para Coys your right alot of FNGs with no time in the Rack.
Sgt J. CD,CDS com :tank:

Back