• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Couple of Questions.

MMcKiernan93

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there, I am currently studying for my CFAT. I just had a couple questions. I am currently going for Armoured Soldier, I always strive to do the best I can but I was wondering what the minimum percentage is to pass the exam? Are there any special studying techniques for it? I have pretty decent verbal and spatial abilities, but I lack in the math department. I am 21, I've been put of school for almost 4 years now. My CFAT is on the 17Th of March. I was also wondering if there was any special dietary programs I should try out, for if and when I get to BMQ (I have great confidence that I will make it that far). I am 5'10'' and 185 pounds, I am a bit on the chubby side. I thank you for any information, as I want to be as best prepared as possible.

:cdn:

There are minimum scores to be eligible for the various trades, but you won't get those numbers. Beyond that, you also need to be competitive. You may meet the minimum, but if the other 10 applicants score better, you're at a disadvantage.
The math is high school math. Check out the sample test to get an idea and practice if you need to.
As for your diet, it can only help to lose any extra weight, as there is quite a bit of running.
There are a few threads about the CFAT. Try this one: http://army.ca/forums/threads/23193.0.html
good luck

Thanks for the information Cryco. Just on the off chance I don't score well is my only concern for that minimum. Always have been a competitive person, just scared I'll fail or barely pass as I want to set the bar high for myself. The Forces is a serious thing to me, and I would be discouraged scoring lower than I should.

What I've been doing the past month and a half is going for 30 -45 minute jogs/runs (intervals between the two). Again, thank you very much for the insight.

Also another quick question, I just read on that forum something about 031, would you know what that is?

MMcKiernan93 said:
Also another quick question, I just read on that forum something about 031, would you know what that is?

MOC 031 is infantry, which is now MOSID 00010.  If you search while looking at that thread it brings up all occurrences of it, btw. 

http://army.ca/wiki/index.php/MOSID_and_MOC

Back