• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Could someone refresh my memory as to what the DP1 is again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DP 1 = Developmental Period 1

dh is an Air Defence Artillery DP1 crse officer, he has privates (fresh from basic) on his course, and a couple gunners (privates with track qualifications).

Hope that helps.

Is what your saying then that they have already completed basic before they start the DP1?

During DP 1. a soldier would take BMQ, SQ, and BIQ.

Well now you have made me have to ask the following:   what is BMQ, SQ and BIQ?   This course I'm staff on is 3 months.   Is that enough time to cover all that PPCLI GUY?

BMQ= Basic Military Qualification
SQ= Soldier Qualification
BIQ= Basic Infantry Qualification

I would hazard to guess you are not on any of these.

BMQ= Basic Military Qualification
SQ= Soldier Qualification
BIQ= Basic Infantry

I believe BMQ is similar to the old QL2, SQ is a new course designed to introduce all Land trades to the very basics of Infantry stuff (ie. C9, C6, section attacks etc.) and BIQ, well that's supposed to be the new Infantry QL3 isn't it?

(I'm not an Infanteer, obviously).

Since you've obviously been in longer then me I'd find it surprising that you'd be doing any of these courses. You sure you didn't get your numbers mixed up or something?

EDIT: Whoops, Hatchet Man beat me to it.

No I am staff (storeman/driver).  I just wasn't sure what all these new terms meant.  I did the QL2/QL3 style.

I am slated as staff on DP1 PLQ crse 0502 in Shilo and I am not famalier with the new lingo therefore I was asking what DP1 is so I know what to expect in June.

Ahhh.  I guess PLQ (or JNCO as old guys like us would call it) is part of DP 1. 

Now I get it.

Just so we are all on the same page I am not a student on this but the storeman/driver.

It is hard to hear everything clearly....up here in my balloon! ;)

You know with your balloon talk you've just messed up the minds of 3/4 of this board.  You Ruperts should know better.

CFL said:
You know with your balloon talk you've just messed up the minds of 3/4 of this board.   You Ruperts should know better.

More evidence that I shouldn't post when I come home from the pub... :blotto:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back