• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cost of housing in Canada

I'm on a few of these facebook pages for people moving from Ontario to Nova Scotia. There is a lot of people moving here and buying everything they can get their hands on.

March 8, 2024

CTV News

These Canadian cities are selling property for as low as $1 to get you to move there​

Cochrane, Ont.​

Brandon, Man.​

Saskatchewan​

Reston, Man.​

Pipestone, Man.​

Mundare, Alta.​

Cape Breton Island, N.S.​

McAdam, N.B.​

And others,

A condo for your car in Toronto.

Starting from the low $400,000
The man offering to build laneway suites in people's backyards for free, as long as he gets to collect the rents for the next decade, is actually a pretty creative thinker.

Whether his idea is successful or not, I gotta give the guy credit for thinking of an outside the box solution. (He might have more luck if he gave a portion of the rent to the actual landowner, I can't see people going for the idea & getting absolutely nothing in exchange for it)

If it does get traction, Toronto will find a way to nickle & dime the idea to death anyway. Added vehicle traffic in the area, a drastic reduction of usable space, complications with utilities, etc

There are some wrinkles that would need to be addressed, but I commend him for trying to come up with creative solutions!

I'm on a few of these facebook pages for people moving from Ontario to Nova Scotia.

Looks like a bargain.

Average Home Prices by Province (February 2024)​

Ontario$873,207

Nova Scotia$423,664

The national benchmark home price, which measures the price of a “typical” home, was $720,500 in February 2024

Imagine paying $3.7 million for a house, but it doesn't even come with a parking spot or garage...

I think the urban planners call it "Manhattanization"...

October 20, 2022

Toronto had 230 active cranes in the third quarter of 2022, five times more than second place Los Angeles, according to RLB’s biannual Crane Index of 14 North American cities.

Read this from 2017,

Manhattan

76.6% of households are car-free

There is also a "congestion pricing plan"

charging drivers to enter a large swath of Manhattan.

As if Toronto's Gardiner Expressway isn't congested enough already,

March 19, 2024

The Gardiner Expressway is a slow drive at the best of times, but starting Monday lane restrictions along the western portion of the raised expressway, between Dufferin Street and Strachan Avenue, are expected to cause commuters traffic pain until 2027.

1711371243769.png

1711372154992.png

Yeah, but then you have to live in Yorkton, SK....

SK looks like an even sweeter bargain than Nova Scotia....

Average Home Prices by Province (February 2024)​

Saskatchewan$306,067

Nova Scotia$423,664

My sister lives in Alberta, on the SK border. Owns a quarter-section.

Never asked what she paid for it, but looks like the Ponderosa to me. :)

SK looks like an even sweeter bargain than Nova Scotia....

Saskatchewan$306,067

Nova Scotia$423,664

My sister lives in Alberta, on the SK border. Owns a quarter-section.

Never asked what she paid for it, but looks like the Ponderosa to me. :)

I had my car broken into in Yorkton on the move from Edmo to Kingston. I'm just slightly bitter about the place.

There are some wrinkles that would need to be addressed, but I commend him for trying to come up with creative solutions!
Not least being if he's a sh!t landlord, it's still the property owners who are going to have liabilities.

I'm on a few of these facebook pages for people moving from Ontario to Nova Scotia.

That ought to please locals.

Better brace themselves,

Nova Scotia is aiming to double its population to two million by 2060 with a goal to attract 25,000 newcomers per year.

Not just from Ontario,

• in 2021, the top five countries of origin for immigrants to Nova Scotia were India, China, Philippines, South Korea and Nigeria
  • last year was Nova Scotia’s sixth year of increased inter-provincial migration with nearly 10,000 net new people coming to Nova Scotia from other provinces and territories
25 March, 2024,

Final rush of Ukrainians arrive in Nova Scotia ahead of emergency visa deadline​

March 8, 2024

CTV News

These Canadian cities are selling property for as low as $1 to get you to move there​

Cochrane, Ont.​

Brandon, Man.​

Saskatchewan​

Reston, Man.​

Pipestone, Man.​

Mundare, Alta.​

Cape Breton Island, N.S.​

McAdam, N.B.​

And others,

A condo for your car in Toronto.

Starting from the low $400,000
and then you go to the link and see that it is old programs that have for the most part been completed, have waiting lists or individuals looking for a family home don't qualify for.

and then you go to the link and see that it is old programs that have for the most part been completed, have waiting lists or individuals looking for a family home don't qualify for.

Nice to know.

It is dated March 8, 2024.

Guess it is already out of date.

Maybe this one is too. 🤷‍♂️

Feb. 28, 2024

Brandon selling property for $1​

This Is How Much Money You Need To Make To Buy A 1,500-Square-Foot Home In Ontario vs. BC​

This is an ad for a new fully detached house in Toronto in the 1960's.

$16,745

The average detached home price in that area was $2,161,835 in Feb. 2024.

1711542631309.png
1711545536729.png

Back