• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Confidentiality

Inactive
Reaction score
This is a response to Piper who said "Maybe you do, but others may prefer people not know. "

It's a good rule to remember in the military, and life in general, if it's none of your business, stay away. (That's just some friendly advice, not a flame)

I have a problem with this statement because as a Military Community, it is important that we know what people are getting charged with, etc. Some things need to be confidential however, if one of my Supervisors, peers or subordinates is getting courtmartialed for something, unless it jeopradizes national security then it should be open source information.  If someone gets charged for using, or possession or trafficking, then the rest of the military needs to know.

Thanks for closing the previous thread, you moderators are the best when you don't like what is being said.

Your more than welcome. Haven't lost any of the bitterness eh? Like the thread said, if you had something substantial to add, notify a Mod. As you chose to open a new thread, we can only assume your contribution, in your own eyes, is not fit to be added to the thread where it belongs. You will also notice the link to the JAG in the thread, so you can keep abreast of all the naughty CF personnel. BTW, welcome back , because you've been missing awhile, I won't reintroduce you to the warning system for taking shots at the Mods. At least this time. Reread the guidelines, freebies up.

Hey man, I've just been lurking but it is good to be back. It wasn't a big shot at you mods..........just a little weak jab........I'll behave as there is a lot of great info on this site.............some down right entertaining info as well........

I couldn't add to the thread because it was locked.

2023 said:
Hey man, I've just been lurking but it is good to be back. It wasn't a big shot at you mods..........just a little weak jab........I'll behave as there is a lot of great info on this site.............some down right entertaining info as well........

I couldn't add to the thread because it was locked.

The instructions left at the end of the thread were pretty darn clear. We'll take you at your word about coming back. Honestly, we think you have lots to offer, leave the lemons on the shelf.

Piper,

Once you contravene the laws of the land, you are completely open to public scrutiny. Don't like it, don't break the law. If you do, you can't bitch. As the great incarcerated actor-law officer pretender Baretta used to exclaim "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime." That applies to the publicity involved around anything the vulture press deems important. Once you put yourself in the limelight by word, deed or association, you become fair game. Your rights be damned. If your doing none of the previous, you should have no cause for worry. If someone does say something untrue or defamatory, you have legal recourse.

Even if you have only been charged and not yet [ or never] convicted, it is a public matter. This was/ is in part for your protection also as a "railroad never runs silent".

Wow, thats good, I think I will copyright!! :D

I still don't agree with you Piper. The more the CF pers know, the more it acts as a deterrent.

My 2Cents

Back