• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Component Transfer Pay question

J

JaG

Yes I have read a few of the threads already but I couldnt find an answer to my question, nor could anyone in my unit help me out (my unit is stood down for the summer still).

I am currently a Pte in CH of Ottawa and will be a CPL within the year. I am going to be submitting my paperwork for a component transfer to a different occupation so back down to the bottom of the ladder but will I retain my CPL pay if I jump across from Res to Reg and different trades? I know that if you change trades in either the Res or Reg you will keep your highest pay rate but how does it work for transfers? Thanks a bunch guys.

Gauch

Vested rights to pay does not transfer over from PRes to RegF.  You would need to have four years of Class B/C time in order to be eligible for RegF CPL pay..

Zoomie said:
Vested rights to pay does not transfer over from PRes to RegF.   You would need to have four years of Class B/C time in order to be eligible for RegF CPL pay..

Actually not to be disrespectful but  as of the 29th of July 05 that has changed to 36 months of full time paid service plus basic trade qualification in the component the member is transferring FROM  IAW with ADM(HR-MIL) Instruction 07/05 and Canforgen 134/05 . This instruction has not actually been implemented yet at the CFRC that I am dealing with but will make the Component transfer process much easier(IMHO) and the time that is counted toward full time paid service has changed .This does appear that the cfrc dets will be getting more of a workload in some ways when dealing with a component transfer.

Just to add to that, it's interesting to read that UTPNCM is now open to the PRes side, although I am unsure if those of us who came from the PRes NCM side to the RegF Officer side are going to be switched as well. It's looking good for the reserves anyways, hopefully clearing up a lot of the hurdles encountered by experienced reservists who wish to go reg..

Back