• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Compensation for Reservists ?

Ideally I’d like to be in the AF reserves ..I am going to contact my recruiter and see if that is feasible. If not I’ll go Army Res ..thank you very much for your info and time.

They might let you parade with a local reserve unit that needs MSE Ops but have none of their own. Seems wasteful having the air force provide regular force training and farming you out militia units (militia is colloquial for army reserve).

If you want part time military employment join a militia unit and do an evening and weekend basic during the fall/winter and shorter trade courses during the summer. You still can't get away from some full time trade/occupational training, but you can minimize it.

The Air Force employs MSE Ops (fuel trucks, transport, plows, heavy equipment), so it might be premature to say that 17 Wing ARAF does not have Reserve positions. I just don’t know.

The Air Force employs MSE Ops (fuel trucks, transport, plows, heavy equipment), so it might be premature to say that 17 Wing ARAF does not have Reserve positions. I just don’t know.
Either way I will have a chat with my recruiter to see if there is MSE reserve in the AF, or if I need to choose another trade. Thank you.

Oh, I know that, just confused how you would join 17 Wing as an MSE Op and then work with Militia units (apparently).

I am not applying for Reg … I am applying for Res so I can keep my civilian career. I am just wondering what is the best way to jiggle the financials while I am away at BMQ.
Sorry, I should have said "pay" instead of "salary".

Either way I will have a chat with my recruiter to see if there is MSE reserve in the AF, or if I need to choose another trade. Thank you.
The recruiter you've spoken to most likely EITHER belongs to and recruits for the army reserve OR the air reserve, not both.

Back