• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Commuting and outside Geo

marinemech

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking for some insight, i was just posted to CFB Gagetown, from CFLRS. Somehow in all of the shuffle my losing clerks placed me with my parents residence and when i met with my new staff it could possibly create small headaches for a few weeks as shack space is nil for single quarters (not elg to share a room due to my current posting as its not a training posting) i did some looking on here and show that i might be entitled to commuting allowance where i am 100 km each way from the base. I don't really want to sign a lease if i have to reneg on it a few weeks later. any insight or suggestions appreciated

marinemech said:
Looking for some insight, i was just posted to CFB Gagetown, from CFLRS. Somehow in all of the shuffle my losing clerks placed me with my parents residence and when i met with my new staff it could possibly create small headaches for a few weeks as shack space is nil for single quarters (not elg to share a room due to my current posting as its not a training posting) i did some looking on here and show that i might be entitled to commuting allowance where i am 100 km each way from the base. I don't really want to sign a lease if i have to reneg on it a few weeks later. any insight or suggestions appreciated
Do you mean Commuting Assistance

If so, no.  It is only applicable to a handful of locations where there isn't public transportation available and there isn't a decent sized town nearby.  Think Suffield, Dundurn...those kinds of places, Gagetown isn't one of them.

Apply for a PMQ.  There may be a wait for a month or so, but you'd end up close to base.

marinemech said:

More information is required. What type of posting is this? Posting (authorized, restricted, etc.) or Attach Posted? Did you live with your parents (is that the location of your F&E?) before CFLRS and returned there?

IF you are entitled to a CFIRP move (occupationally qualified) then follow the procedures in Part 2 regarding requesting permission to live outside the geographical boundary of the base and once you get that and have not cost them any real estate and legal fees you may qualify for commuting assistance.  Note that they do not pay you the entire distance, I think they deduct a certain mileage like 40 km each way from your distance so if you are 100 km away, you would get something like 60 km x 2.

Back