• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Combat Engineer Duration

Max Springfield

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

Is there any way to join the regular forces as a combat engineer for four years?

I'd like to be in the reserves thereafter, but in the regular forces for no longer than four years...

Thanks,

Max

Initial terms of service for all NCM occupations may be different than three years and and a search of the threads for either TOS or contract lengths will reveal what they are.

When you initially sign the contract,I was offered armored crewman which is 5 yrs,is there any incentive to just go ahead and sign for another 5 yrs? I am looking to make  a  career out of the forces anyways..so was just wondering?

eager_beaver said:
When you initially sign the contract,I was offered armored crewman which is 5 yrs,is there any incentive to just go ahead and sign for another 5 yrs? I am looking to make  a  career out of the forces anyways..so was just wondering?
When the CF thinks that you are worthy of signing you up for further service it will make that offer known to you at the appropriate time and place.

The initial contract for combat engineer is for 5 years, at least that is what I was told I would be signing on for.

My girlfriend's brother who signed up for combat engineer is on his basic right now and he had to sign for 5 years.

Back