• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

clothing styles you hate!

Well this is more of an irritant then something I hate. But is probably related to the CF.
See I go to a privet school, so of course we have a uniform. Now yesterday a individual in the class below me (Gr.11)  who had gone to this school for his entire HS life was wearing a bright orange jacket and pinkish/purple socks. He has been warned about wearing the school uniform correctly for years and has gotten in trouble many times for this. Now the head mistress yesterday told him he was to remove the non-school jacket and socks, and he flipped-out at her and got suspended form school. And now his friends are saying that it is not fair that he got suspended from school for doing this. What grinds my gears is, that he has been going to this school long enough to know the dress regulations, has been warned many many times about it and his friends say that the school treated him unfairly and they should not have asked him to take the non-school uniform off.

Just something that's been been bugging me that they say it was "unfair"

(Oops Sorry about that my google spell check is a bit screwed up right now and keeps on thinking I'm writing in Spanish even after I set it to English. Thank you CDN Aviator)

CDN Aviator said:
This sums up my thoughts quite nicely :

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion

Thanks for the laugh. That was hilarious (more so because it's true)! :rofl:

I agree with all the above...

But I have to say that I get really annoyed when I see people in skinny jeans. Too much information!

I think (and this is my personal opinion) that about 92% of the population should NOT wear skinny jeans.

to wear skinny jeans: 
1) you have to be a woman (Men are not made to wear skinny jeans)
2) You have to have perfect legs: skinny, long, and straight as well as a good looking behind.

When you wear skinny jeans either you look really hot or you look weird (not to say fat)... ;D 

CEEBEE501 said:
Well this is more of an irritant then something I hate. But is probably related to the CF.
See I go to a (1) privet school, so of course we have a uniform. Now yesterday a (2) individule in the class below me (Gr.11)  who had gone to this school for his entire HS life was wearing a bright orange jacket and pinkish/purple socks. He has been warned about wearing the school uniform correctly for years and has gotten in trouble many times for this. Now the head mistress yesterday told him he was to remove the non-school jacket and socks, and he fliped-out at her and got suspended form school. And now his friends are saying that it is not fair that he got suspended from school for doing this. What grinds my gears is, that he has been going (3) for this school long enough to know the dress regulations, has been warned many many times about it and his friends say that the school treated him unfairly and they should not have asked him to take the non-school uniform off.

Just something thats been been bugging me that they say it was "unfair"

(1) private
(2) individual
(3) "to" this school.........

Cheers

Two words:

Garrison Dress.

(Though by preceding it with "two words", it's now four words.)

Agree with all, but I'll add one:

Low-rise jeans.  They make skinny chicks look fat, and is not flattering to the derriere.

Piper said:
x2 to all that. Those are both my fashion pet peeves, along with guys wearing pink, guys popping their collars and anyone wearing sunglasses when it's DARK outside.

Or even worse in my opinion, INSIDE a building (How many guys with sunglasses on inside a bar?).

I'm adding one more, because I was at the mall tonight. 

It's not so much "clothing" but I CANNOT STAND seeing people with their ears pierced and then using those cone shaped stretchers in their ears to the point where they can fasten grommets to their ears.  Good lord, a person should not look as though they're about to be hoisted onto the mast of a ship.  *though in all honesty I'd love to do that to them or hang them from meat hooks*  that is going to look fantastic when they're 80!

Amen to that. We had our RSM tear this guy a new one because he decided to stretch his earlobes.

ToRN said:
Amen to that. We had our RSM tear this guy a new one because he decided to stretch his earlobes.

Hmmm....in my 19 years in...I've been worried about the RSM tearing something of mine, but it wasn't my earlobes, it was around my Equator, and it involved his pace stick or drill cane (depending on what *zero* trade he was) and I think the terms of choice went something along the line of...

"Tpr/Cpl/MCpl/Sgt EITS, if you f**k up one more time...I'll make a SH*T-SICLE OUT OF YOU !!"  (I seemed to have that semi-unique talent of 'drawing friendly fire' for some reason over the years, confirmed yet again last June)

IIRC, the intent of the conversation was clear, concise, and to the point (no pun intended).

Lil_T said:
I'm adding one more, because I was at the mall tonight. 

It's not so much "clothing" but I CANNOT STAND seeing people with their ears pierced and then using those cone shaped stretchers in their ears to the point where they can fasten grommets to their ears.  Good lord, a person should not look as though they're about to be hoisted onto the mast of a ship.  *though in all honesty I'd love to do that to them or hang them from meat hooks*  that is going to look fantastic when they're 80!

Good one Lil-T :rofl:

I have two to add:

Males: the mullet haircut

Females: the current version of what used to be called "plumber's crack" (circa 1950-1970) on men which is now referred to as "whale tail" on women. Now, I'm not a prude and I've seen this done very well and quite sexy--but if one's underwear is going to be a prominent, highly visible fashion feature, it needs to be clean and in good repair. Not like the ghastly sight I once witnessed: a young woman bending over wearing hip-hugging, shapeless track pants with a soiled waist-high thong.

*shudder*  I've seen that before... at Old Navy... right in the storefront window.  Whale tail makes babies cry.

ToRN said:

I call BS!  He's a teddybear, just ask him.

Oh, he's a great guy, one of the most approachable I've met. Just don't do stupid shit, and you're fine.

2 Cdo said:
Just fixed your quote, but if it's just airborne t-shirts at restaurants and bars(as your post states) then you really don't have any respect for the Airborne Brotherhood.

Duely noted and edited. My rant targeted merely because of the circumstance that came to mind. In retorspect wearing any old t shirt in that scenario would look foolish, regardless of what colour it was.

ANY maternity clothing with cutesy little patterns on them.  I'm HAVING a baby, not turning into one!!

Visible underwear on anyone! Being T-barred when a woman bends over, dirty bra straps - hell any bra straps, pants with the crotch hanging at knee level, and like someone said here, boxers pulled up to the neck. Don't want to know what underwear you have on!

With visible bra straps my mom's favorite expression if mine peeked out of a sleeveless blouse "Your bra isn't that clean, missy"

Another thing - camisoles and slips worn as outerwear. Yech!

:cdn:
Hawk

I cannot stand the Gangster Look..Let Me Explain

The Shirt that goes down to the knees while wearing a huge over jacket thats 10x your size. Then wearing endless amounts of chains that have money symbols.
Wearing those "gangster" hats that have weird things on them
Then the pants that literally start right above the knee's and the underwear showing like its normal.
Also the shoes? What Happen to the shoes...they are so ugly

My style of dressing:
Its really European/Italian...its simple..nice..and actually respectful

What is scary is alot of these gangsta wannabe's are unknowingly wearing gang colours that just might get them some unwanted attention in certain areas/cities, some closer than they think.  And of course, because they're pants are so low slung, they can't run away from trouble once it rears it's ugle little head - it would be the makings of a good slapstick if it wasn't so serious.

MM

Back