• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CIC TRAINING

Sounds fun but no PT???

I hope I will have the opportunity to take this training one day. I also hope that my past experience in the army would allow me to take time for exercise on my own time in the evenings rather than studying as much. Fortunately I still have my oxfords and parade boots from the old days and work on them when my son is working on his cadet boots to keep them in good condition.

LittleBlackDevil said:
Sounds fun but no PT???

I hope I will have the opportunity to take this training one day. I also hope that my past experience in the army would allow me to take time for exercise on my own time in the evenings rather than studying as much. Fortunately I still have my oxfords and parade boots from the old days and work on them when my son is working on his cadet boots to keep them in good condition.

There is a decent amount of course content that is covered in a short period but could certainly be extended.  There is an expectation on all common courses that the students will participate in the FORCE Evaluation - and as a matter of personal pride, being operationally fit at minimum is a good sign you are on the right track to leading by example with your own fitness.  (The assessment is conducted during class periods).

PT on your own or in a group would typically be something the students would organize, but I do agree with the value of coordinated PT.  To be clear, your after dinner time is largely flexible with the exception of the mandatory commitments.  You could use this time for personal PT if you wish.  I will indicate this on my above post.

Thanks.  More along the lines of what I was looking for.  What to expect on the daily.

Now I just have to get coursed.

Kyle Burrows said:
There is a decent amount of course content that is covered in a short period but could certainly be extended.  There is an expectation on all common courses that the students will participate in the FORCE Evaluation - and as a matter of personal pride, being operationally fit at minimum is a good sign you are on the right track to leading by example with your own fitness.  (The assessment is conducted during class periods).

PT on your own or in a group would typically be something the students would organize, but I do agree with the value of coordinated PT.  To be clear, your after dinner time is largely flexible with the exception of the mandatory commitments.  You could use this time for personal PT if you wish.  I will indicate this on my above post.
There may be group morning PT built around the FORCE Test: was definitely the practice in Pac Region post introduction of the test, and the addition of it to the CIC common courses.

quadrapiper said:
There may be group morning PT built around the FORCE Test: was definitely the practice in Pac Region post introduction of the test, and the addition of it to the CIC common courses.
. I think group PT would be a fantastic idea for any course, if only to promote it further.  What would your timings look like for out in PAC?

Apparently there are virtual BOTC going on right now for CIC ... wondering if anyone here is or has taken part in that and wondering what it is like.

My application is finally moving forward (virtually), so I am hopeful that enrolment and BOTC may be in my future over the next 12 months and unless things change drastically, anticipating that these BOTCs will stay virtual for a while yet.

Back