• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Chinese Military,Political and Social Superthread

I mean, yes, but that's about as likely to happen as a caucus revolt or Royal Perogative dissolving Parliament.

Jaghmeet Singh is a Captain without a ship. The last election stripped the coffers bare and I can see the NDP losing official party status if they go to the polls within the next 12 months. He knows he's dancing the last waltz on his time as party leader and his whole game plan is "fuck you all, I'm getting mine...." before that happens.
More accurately; I'm padding my already luxurious lifestyle at the taxpayers expense, so why would I end the gravy train?

Terrible thing to see.

Trudeau Sr truly destroyed Canadian governance.

Parliamentary monarchy works when that first part is supreme. As in Britain.

To see an envoy of His Imperial Majesty, the Dauphin, so casually reject the will of Parliament, the voice of Canadians, is absolutely abhorrent. Especially one who knows damn well not to. Coupled with Speakers that let themselves be mocked by a parade of government officials in their own House... What we have is a travesty of parliamentarism.

-

@rmc_wannabe About zero chance of a revolution if the GG unilaterally calls an election. A) It didn't happen last time in 1834 Britain (even when the King directly elevated the leader of the opposition to PM instead of calling an election); B) Canadians just don't care that much, and; C) there's little particularly offensive about being invited to vote. Odds of this GG actually doing that are the same, though, as you said.

Last edited:
Too much political point scoring to focus on what’s important: CCP influence, interference and intimidation campaigns designed to supplicant Canada to the CCP.

Meanwhile, our Commonwealth cousins, founded by convicts, seems to take “defence of the realm” much more seriously than we do.

(For a discussion of the complexities of foreign-influence registries, readers could do worse than to look at the proceedings of a February meeting of a joint committee of both chambers of the Australian Parliament, considering amendments to Australia’s own foreign-influence registry six years after it was implemented. The comparison with our own debate does not flatter Canada’s Parliament. Australian politics can be raw and tough, and Beijing’s influence is, if anything, a more pressing issue there than here. But members from all parties in Australia discuss the issue calmly. They treat witnesses as sources of useful information, not as sticks to beat their political opponents with. I’m not sure how Canada can get there from here, but it’s refreshing to be reminded it’s possible.)

Plausible answer is the LPC caucaus. If they revolt, Trudeau is ousted in favour of a leadership race. This would require those MPs to actually retrieve their spines from the QM though, so it's not happening.
I wonder what the Physiotherapy bill is for the Liberal MP's to help with their bobble head syndrome?

Despite the best efforts of Tru-Anon and the United Front’s disinformation networks, Sam Cooper was not canned by Global.

Sam is finally stepping out on his own with The Bureau, which has been in the works for months. He hopes to build it into a global journalism collaboration of some kind. I’m one of The Bureau’s first subscribers. Can’t wait until it’s up and in action.

Lastly, I’ve been talking to Sam this week about all the hubbub. The TruAnon cult is overjoyed and spinning all sorts of innuendo and calumny about Sam’s looming departure from Global News. The poor guy has been more a victim of “character assassination” than Han Dong’s friends claim Dong to be.

We’ve been talking about putting together a podcast next week, so stay tuned.

Watching Johnston testify before the Parliamentary Committee, among other things, he seemed very confused and lacked an understanding of his own report.

Did he indeed write it? Some other commentators on TV stated same.

He's doing what all liberals do.

Running out the clock and obfuscating by spewing nonsense.

Reputation? They don't care about what Canadians think. He's chalking up major points with the LPC and Laurentien Elites, where it really matters.

David Johnson has just resigned as special rapporteur.

Details are just coming out…

Couldn't be happier.

GIF by Saturday Night Live

Back