• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CHATROOM CALL OUT

the 48th regulator

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
I was thinking of using this as a call, for anyone wanting to start a chat room session.

Post here, maybe give a theme or what not, and advertise the chat being open!

It will be stickied, and us it as a call out .

dileas

tess

* pm Eastern Standard time tonight.

I want to talk about the Footy  League;

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/31151/post-957294.html#msg957294

dileas

tess

How about exchanging recipes Ha ha

Just went in the chat room and I was by my lonesome..... :(

So if anybody whant to chat about anything I'm good and ready

See Ya

Sophie

Going to hang out in the chat for a bit tonight, topic is wide open.

Someone, preferably directing staff.. Need to figure out the difference between friendly joking and malicious insults... Thought I understood the rules but would like clarification.

Sapplicant said:
Someone, preferably directing staff.. Need to figure out the difference between friendly joking and malicious insults... Thought I understood the rules but would like clarification.

We have figured out the difference, and we have also learned what comments that posters will claim are "friendly joking" quickly turn into hostile dogpiles that do not reflect well on the site or, by extension of the employment and intents of most members, the CF.

So, please consider this extract from the Conduct Guidelines:

Protecting the CF Image

First and foremost, we're all representatives of the CF. We may not want to be, but ultimately, we don't have the luxury of choice. The truth is when you post a message even on an unofficial site like this, your comments reflect upon the CF. That's not to say we can't bemoan the current state of affairs - it's a soldier's age old right to complain. But let's keep it clean and dignified.

There's no way for a casual visitor to tell that you're "not in uniform, so these comments are mine." To a visitor, we are all a cross section of what the CF has to offer, which in many ways is a correct assumption. If all they see is a horde of posts rife with profanity and personal attacks, the CF gets a bad reputation. As we've witnessed many times in the past, the public relations fallout from problems with the CF can have consequences well beyond those involved. With so many hard working professionals in the CF, it would be a shame to have the name tarnished here.

If you have difficulty abiding by it, I would suggest you balance your time here with participating in other, less controlled, online fora if you feel the need to say things we don't approve of in this one.

Milnet.ca Staff

Michael O'Leary said:
We have figured out the difference, and we have also learned what comments that posters will claim are "friendly joking" quickly turn into hostile dogpiles that do not reflect well on the site or, by extension of the employment and intents of most members, the CF.

So, please consider this extract from the Conduct Guidelines:

If you have difficulty abiding by it, I would suggest you balance your time here with participating in other, less controlled, online fora if you feel the need to say things we don't approve of in this one.

Milnet.ca Staff

Understood, I think. I'll try to keep it between the lines. Just hope everyone understands, I don't have time to troll, and have no desire to piss anyone off. Just want to help others crack a smile here and there, and make meaningful, insightful, and intelligent contributions to the site when and where I can.

Also, I can see where the concept of summarily executing pedo's might offend some people out there. Once again, I'll just enjoy the taste of my foot for a while until I gather up enough paper towel to wipe the egg off my face ;D

It's been a while, but we have a small group in there right now. Feel free to join in! ;D

There's about 13 or so regulars now, kinda haven't been meeting as much because it's summer, and everyone's away. I really enjoy meeting new people though, so come on out!

Hi all. Just wondering, does anyone use to chat room anymore? (Ya, stummbled on it after wondering where it was today.)
Thanks.

When was the last time the chatrooms been used?
v.gif

Well, lets see if we can get the ball rolling on this old thread. Let's talk about snow. Who HATES snow?! IMO, I hate snow, but sometimes like it. Such as, I only like snow because I can go snowmobiling. You can't do that when there is no snow :( Though, I haven't gone snowmobiling in about 3 years now, as my father sold my ski-doo (a 440 Articat Prowler). It was a BEAST! He sold it for $200.00, and the other guy threw in an old 1971 Elan ski-doo....... Which doesn't run, and I have been every so often trying to work on it, such as putting a new carburetor, pull line, etc... But, back to snow. I hate that the snowplow people always leaves the entrance to my apartment building blocked by huge amounts of snow.... So every time they do, I have to go find a shovel and shovel it out so I can back out of the entrance... Such a pain in my arse, especially when I just get home from pulling a night shift, and I have to shovel my way into my parking spot..... :threat:

-Brandonfw

The idea of the callout is to get people into the Chat Room and have a convo there.

Not hold a jawfest here ;)

recceguy said:
The idea of the callout is to get people into the Chat Room and have a convo there.

Not hold a jawfest here ;)

Well, I got you here didn't I?  :p

Does the chat room even exist anymore? I can't see it on the site.

Well, we may as well get the defibs out for this one then, it seems quite dead  :blotto: ;D

I tried to go to the chat room. But it's saying URL not found on server. Ideas?

Back