• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CH 47 Incident at Petawawa 20/June/ 2023

Politics is a different beast entirely. Sajjan could be an absolute beauty and people would still hate him just because of the colour of his tie.

I met him a few times, seemed like a nice guy tbh.

I think he got used by the LPC. When your support base is rock solid you can and will be used as a bullet sponge to draw fire to deflect away from other failings.
And let’s not forget that it isn’t just politics. Being the CO of a reserve unit is nowhere near the same as being but at the head of a billions of dollars department. Governance over massive entities does not come easy for some.

I think he got used by the LPC. When your support base is rock solid you can and will be used as a bullet sponge to draw fire to deflect away from other failings.
I think Leslie is thanking his lucky stars that he didn't get a high profile cabinet position because his reputation would have taken quite the hit if he did. Or he may have shown that he wasn't going to be a LPC Team Player early on and either was told he wouldn't get cabinet or he figured the juice wasn't worth the squeeze and GTFO'd after one term.

I think Leslie is thanking his lucky stars that he didn't get a high profile cabinet position because his reputation would have taken quite the hit if he did. Or he may have shown that he wasn't going to be a LPC Team Player early on and either was told he wouldn't get cabinet or he figured the juice wasn't worth the squeeze and GTFO'd after one term.
The brightest stars generally burn out the fastest!

The latest - initial official summary ...
On 20 June the crew of Hammer 31, onboard aircraft CH147310, were conducting a scheduled two-hour night training syllabus mission as part of the Tactical First Officer Course. Two pilots and two Flight Engineers were onboard the aircraft at the time of the accident.

At the beginning of the mission, the crew executed a circuit on Final Approach and Take-Off Area 17, then departed to fly to confined area T40 in training area “E”, located 4 km North-North-East of Garrison Petawawa. Shortly after departure the helicopter turned left and, once cleared of the tree line on the west shore of the Ottawa river, descended to tactical altitudes as per the mission profile. While descending and still established in the left turn, the helicopter impacted the water with high energy at 00:10 local time.

The helicopter was destroyed. The two pilots perished in the accident and the two Flight Engineers successfully egressed the helicopter, receiving only minor injuries.

The investigation is focusing on human, technical, and environmental factors.
Archived link here

Back