• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFB Kingston - Scared of needles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
dapaterson said:
I had a bad donair experience in Halifax once...

I did too - the thing was cold and I think I got food poisoning from it.

freakerz:
Wow, surprised the nurses didn't know about that.. I'll mention it next time!
Of course the CBS staff know about it; they're responsible for screening donors.

Halifax Tar said:
I was born and raised in Kingston, first posting was Kingston and I'm posted back this summer...I find it very hard to believe there are 8000+ people employed on the base...

Just got confirmation from base commander's staff - reg,res, and civ - including all lodger units - 8000 is almost bang on.

Another hijack - I have heard this numerical fiction many times during my 4 months in Kingston in fall 2010. 

Someone should remind the Kingston folks that you can't include all "Div Troops" and OPME students in your population numbers. 

Someone needs to be asking these questions: How friggin big is the CFJSR now?  How many reserve and cadet units are included in this number?  Are we including RMC civilian students, people with gym memberships and Calian employees?

How does such a small base health centre serve so many troops with so few resources - no lab, no X-ray/DI, very small Mental Health clinic.  This must be the healthiest bunch of troops - they never get injured or ill?

Interesting List of units

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/asu_kingston/military.aspx

Military Establishments

Regular Units
CF Joint Headquarters (CFJHQ)
CF Joint Signal Regiment (CFJSR)
CF Joint Support Group (CFJSG)
2 Electronic Warfare Squadron (2 EW SQN)
Land Force Doctrine and Training System (LFDTS)
Directorate of Land Concepts and Designs (DLCD)
Canadian Forces School of Communications and Electronics (CFSCE)
Military Communications and Electronics Museum
1 Wing Headquarters
Canadian Defence Academy (CDA)
Command Cell
Chief of Staff
Directorate of Training and Education (DTE)
Directorate of Learning and Innovation (DLI)
Canadian Forces Leadership Institute (CFLI)
Canadian Forces Military Law Centre (CFMLC)
Canadian Military Journal (CMJ)
Canadian Forces College (CFC) - Toronto
Canadian Forces Management Development School (CFMDS)
Canadian Forces Language School (CFLS) - Gatineau
RMC St-Jean
Royal Military College of Canada (RMC)
LFTSP/ATWOP
Continuing Studies Program at RMC (DCS)
Canadian Forces School of Military Intelligence (CFSMI)
Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre Detachment Kingston
Canadian Forces Crypto Maintenance Unit
Canadian Forces National Counter-Intelligence Unit Detachment Kingston
1 Dental Unit — Detachment Kingston
33 CF Health Services Centre
MPO 305 Vimy Post Office
Civilian Human Resources Office
Kingston Garrison Learning and Career Centre
Dispute Resolution Centre
2 Area Support Group Signal Squadron Detachment Kingston
Canadian Forces Housing Agency
Military Police Platoon

Reserve Units
HMCS Cataraqui
The Princess of Wales Own Regiment
The Brockville Rifles
772 Electronic Warfare Squadron Kingston

Cadet Units
33 St. Lawrence Royal Canadian Sea, (613) 541-6000, ext. 6119
HMCS Ontario Sea Cadet Summer Training Centre - (613) 541-5010 ext. 4681
Cadets - (613) 541-6000 ext. 6119
2857 PWOR Army Cadet Corps - (613) 546-4209
58 Air Cadet Squadron - (613) 541-5010 ext. 4242

Simian Turner said:
Someone needs to be asking these questions: How friggin big is the CFJSR now? 

We are the largest 1st line Unit in Canada.  ;)

(But, Gagetown holds 8800 sets of clothing docs for pers, so is larger than Kingston).

Edited to add: Me thinks Kingston may be counting all those CTC folks in their numbers as LFDTS ... too bad that tonne of people and all those schools and clothing docs are actually situated in and supported by Gagetown [if that is how they are bumping their numbers so large].

muffin said:
Just got confirmation from base commander's staff - reg,res, and civ - including all lodger units - 8000 is almost bang on.

They should cross-reference with PeopleSoft - because the number there is about 2K less.  and Ottawa, Halifax, and others are all larger according to the same system.

Or, as Simian Turner said, they're counting things like CFC Toronto, CMR St Jean, CFLS Ottawa and others that are not dependencies of Kingston.

They probably have CFC and CFLS etc on the list because of CDA. If you look at the Gagetown site they list CFSCE under CTC, and if I'm not mistaken CFSMI shows up under Borden ... I suppose it all depends on the responsibilities of the org doing the counting.

dapaterson said:
Or, as Simian Turner said, they're counting things like CFC Toronto, CMR St Jean, CFLS Ottawa and others that are not dependencies of Kingston.

Them, and all those people actually located at:

CTC HQ;
Tac School;
School of Foot;
Arty School;
Armd School; and
CFSME (all located in Gagetown);

CFSEME (located in Borden); and

Land Advanced Warfare (CPC) located in Trenton etc etc

under their Land Forces Doctrine & Training System numbers ...

Why, it's just like manipulating statistics ... until someone attempts to muster them all on the parade square in Kingston to find out they aren't actually there. Wonder if that would be worth a couple thousand AWOL charges?  :blotto:

I'm confused - are we supposed to hate Kingston now or are we working to defend it?  :blotto:

Infanteer said:
I'm confused - are we supposed to hate Kingston now or are we working to defend it?  :blotto:

Trying to figure out how many multitudes would actually show up on a mandatory parade in Kingston for "all" claimed Units.

>:D

Simian Turner said:
How does such a small base health centre serve so many troops with so few resources - no lab, no X-ray/DI, very small Mental Health clinic.  This must be the healthiest bunch of troops - they never get injured or ill?

Poorly. Although they do have X-Ray, just not sure how often its open.

This started out about a lack of blood donors, dealt with, no one cares.

Tangented off to some sort of dick measuring contest about how many people are in Kingston. Again, who really cares?

No more bandwidth to be wasted on this
badmonkey.gif

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back