• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFB Aldershot

Ouch I Guess it could be Worse.. i could be PLF :D :warstory:

Hahaha Just kidding

But Regarding Gagetown its the Disneyland Of Canada
The mascot is the Pulsating Green.... :blotto:

ahhh good old Aldershot. One thing about Aldershot is easy digging :p since it‘s one big ant hill

so alphacharlie have fun with the defensive ex

To this day, whenever we train at LFCA TC, I never fail to wake up just as the bus turns onto Range Road, (it‘s a 6 hour drive for us to get there and we never leave before 2000 it seems) with a sick feeling in the pit of my gut. I just had *that* much fun doing QL2/3 there.
And I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

It only ever bothers me on weekend ex‘s though. When I‘ll be there a while I kind of look forward to it, depending on the course or tasking.

Tyler

xFusilier, you only had 90% of the GR memorized? Obviously you never spent enough time there.

There were maps of the place?

Why?

Oh yeah Ex Dragoon I remember the Big Apple, circa 1981-1983 usually as I was being tossed up the stairs and out on to the street.

Nice to hear they rebuilt the place. My last visit, was literally that avisit, I went down for a day in 1991 to watch a friend graduate from his QL6B. Last time I was staff there was waay back in 1987 and it was a hole then. A loveable hole but still a hole.

Colin old buddy, if I‘d known you were there in the 1980‘s I would have made you feel welcome. Ask Muskrat I just loved gunners on course. :D

Originally posted by Wesley H. Allen, CD:
[qb]

Nightlife was great too, with a place called JD‘s in Woulfeville or Kentville, as I cant remember which town.

The place reminded me of Porky‘s, really rednecked to the max, and a wee tad dangerous, as we got the feel the locals were true Army haters.

[/qb]
..LOL JR‘s, aka the kick and punch.
Grew up just down the road...Quite the place. Although I did see my first girl/girl tongue action there...

You want pictures?
Go dig a hole in your backyard and fill it full of water. God welcolme ya to alde****.

I did my reserve QL3 in Aldershot I didnt mind it too much. When you have a weekend or something get some friends to throw in on a limo head to Halifax bring the military ID and check into STATACONA naval base for some cheap accomodations and a jump point for hitting the town. If it is still there which it most likely is check out SAMMY KAINS tattoo shop he does some awesome work check out his personal sketch book

Y‘all have prety high standards!

I was in Aldershot in (iirc) summer of ‘77. Thought it was great. Plenty of room for training, lots of countryside for larger Ops, good JR Mess, barracks were fine, lots of bars in town, lots of girls, and if you wanted to drink and scrap there were places for that as well.

Heck, Wainwright is always great, Meaford‘s a little small but nice area, Gagetown rocks, and Suffield has to be the greatest trg area going. ...and lets not forget Hoensfelds, Grafenwhor,(sp?) and the German RMA...what a hoot!

Ya want sand? Check out Ft Hood- man, what a dusty place....although it‘s better than the swamp around Tyndall ....and speaking of that, remember the Hinton trg area? Those bears were how big?... and for desolate, try going north of 65....one mistake, and you‘re a goner, but it‘s SO beautiful.....

Each area, each country has it‘s good and bad. In all honesty, I‘d rather be on the back deck than in a barracks room, cleaner and safer imho....and I‘ve never met a bar I didn‘t like..."eine shiza bier, bitta"...LOL.

Live life large.

Cheers-Garry

How would it be going there on course while not of legal age(my entire BMQ is except for 2, I also understand this is somewhat unusual)

Originally posted by Garry:
[qb] I was in Aldershot in (iirc) summer of ‘77. Thought it was great. Plenty of room for training, lots of countryside for larger Ops, good JR Mess, barracks were fine, lots of bars in town, lots of girls, and if you wanted to drink and scrap there were places for that as well.

Heck, Wainwright is always great, Meaford‘s a little small but nice area, Gagetown rocks, and Suffield has to be the greatest trg area going. ...and lets not forget Hoensfelds, Grafenwhor,(sp?) and the German RMA...what a hoot!
[/qb]
Geez Garry you‘re dragging me down memory lane here, and they‘re not good memories. Wainwright, Meaford, Aldershot, Gagetown, Hoenfelds, Grafenwohr. Add Ft Lewis, Pet, Dundurn, Bordon and the "whack" to that list why don‘t you.
:D

Good day

Can anyone comment if  BMOQ L is being run during the fall here?

:salute:

Back