• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CFAT exemptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary D. in SK

Inactive
Reaction score
I went through all 29 pages of the FAQ and didn't find a answer so I'll ask it here.  I understand that if you have a degree you are exempt from writing the CFAT.  So in my case I am a licensed Journeyman (10 years) with my #1 choice being closely related to my trade (Electrician - ED Tech).  One would assume this should mean I'm competent to perform in this trade you'd think.  But because I have listed Weapons tech(land) as a second choice what is the likelihood I'll be asked to write the CFAT? Or is every NCM applicant expected to write the CFAT?

There are no free passes from the CFAT as I am a licenced hvac tech and i still had to write the CFAT
As it is a part of the application process

Gary D. in SK said:
I went through all 29 pages of the FAQ and didn't find a answer so I'll ask it here.  I understand that if you have a degree you are exempt from writing the CFAT.  So in my case I am a licensed Journeyman (10 years) with my #1 choice being closely related to my trade (Electrician - ED Tech).  One would assume this should mean I'm competent to perform in this trade you'd think.  But because I have listed Weapons tech(land) as a second choice what is the likelihood I'll be asked to write the CFAT? Or is every NCM applicant expected to write the CFAT?

Where in the heck to did you get that idea from?

"Where in the heck to did you get that idea from?"

somewhere back in the earlier pages of the FAQ.  but I will assume I misread something, and take my answer from Brad's experience.  Thanks

You'd be surprised how many people have degrees and can barely spell or do basic math/spacial orientation.... you really would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back