• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ceremonial Guard (CG) Mega Thread [MERGED]

Crantor said:
They are wearing their environmental dress at the Cenotaph, scarlets everywhere else.  The identifier badges are on the left sleeve.  The Navy have basically their hat badge sown on and the air force have something I've never seen.  The albatross with air force written around it in sky blue.

Interesting.  Anyone have pics of said identifiers?

I'm tasked for this, this summer, i'm wondering if anyone could give me some recent information on this?

Like the work / off schedual, i've read all topics pertaining to this tasking and im wondering if anyone knows?
how it will be this year? will it be the same as last years? or has something big changed beetween now and last year?  what was the work/off schedual for last year? How often do you get afternoons off? Are the rooms in carleton singels or doubles that we stay in? Thank's alot.

Smith848 said:
I'm tasked for this, this summer, i'm wondering if anyone could give me some recent information on this?

Like the work / off schedual, i've read all topics pertaining to this tasking and im wondering if anyone knows?
how it will be this year? will it be the same as last years? or has something big changed beetween now and last year?  what was the work/off schedual for last year? How often do you get afternoons off? Are the rooms in carleton singels or doubles that we stay in? Thank's alot.

Having read the other posts will give you a pretty good idea - it really depends on the numbers that arrive once we all hit the ground.  Generally, there isn't a ton of time off - that said its still a good tasking.

The rooms in Carleton are by-and-large doubles, although a sparse number of singles exist and are divvied out.  I hope to return there for my EWAT this summer, but we'll see!

Hey all,

I know there are many topics posted in the past with info pertaining to CG duties, however I couldn't find anything related to the following. In my joining instructions, I received a massive kit list for the operation, including ridiculous items such as FFO/all field kit, inner AND outer sleeping bags, winter wool socks, ICE combat jacket etc. - I think you get the point. The beginning of the kit list includes the message "ALL RANKS TASKED TO CG, WILL BRING THE ITEMS BELOW. Field Kit, Travel Order, and Service Dress (complete). These are operational requirements." I do find it impossible to recognize how items that will lead to death from heat exhaustion could possibly be required. Additionally, this is obviously not a field tasking, so what makes all this kit necessary? Does anyone have any information on how important it really is to bring all items on this kit list?

Many thanks.

if they are telling you to bring the items then bring them. 

There may be a reason for it.  I can't say why you need all the fireld kit but I assume if anything goes south you'll be ready.  There may also be some field training in the cards. Who knows. CG changes every year.  As for kit causing heat exhaustion, trust me when I say your ceremonial uniform will do more than any field kit you bring.

Have fun.

You are not in ceremonial gear all the time. You are on a Cl B or C contract and can be taken off the detail and used in an emergency. And because you have no idea where or what the emergency is, you need to be prepared for whatever.

If you need to fly, West Jet won't charge you for overweight baggage.

Besides, you need all that gear because it's an army billet and you need to carry all that gear while marching up and down the parade square while on defaulter parade.  [:'(

Back