• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Car Explosion/Accident at Rainbow Bridge?

Y
No, I did not forget. You and other PP detractors are relying on ignoring the first part to focus on the last. I am saying the first part accompanies the last, he clearly lead with "media reports", does he really need to repeat that in each sentence thereafter? You're trying to find nuance where none exists. This is an example of an unconscious bias and is indeed picking fly shit out of pepper.

But this whole issues does have value for two reasons. First, it outs all of the closet Trudeau supporters or petty fence sitters desperately trying to find a nugget to validate their position. Secondly, it further highlights the media is generally not to be trusted and should probably be defunded.
Not sure why you feel the need to attack anyone who disagrees with you or your world view.

Stop seeing red and lashing out and read things a bit more critically. I said this isn’t a big deal and won’t move the needle. But more things like this won’t do him any favours.

You absolutely did ignore that part. And didn’t address the second part about the time discrepancy.

PP was forced to go on the defensive. There is a saying about having to explain. He had to explain more than one thing yesterday.

It’s a story because he allowed it to become one. If it was a trap he fell into it because that’s what is we’re talking about.

But in fairness, he’s leading in the polls and generally the leader gets more attention and scrutiny.

The initial reports called it a possible terrorist attack, but he closed the door by confirming it by calling it one for sure.

Agreed re: far from the biggest fish to fry, but similar fry-up's have been made out of other party leaders saying one thing when the situation was something else, so there's that.

It's a big nothing burger to me. But I can easily recognize and appreciate my bias.

It just sounds like the usual suspects squealing with joy because PP said something they can try to stem the tide of change on.

Maybe it will stick, maybe this will be his demise. I dunno. Time will tell.

What I do know is one more term of JT and crew is what Canada needs.

As for PP I don't see what the hubbub is about...
It isn’t. beyond the fact that PP is trying to cultivate a different image from his older self. Going from opposing to try and look like the future leader. Yesterday was a bit of a fumble but hardly very damaging. Will last a news cycle at most with maybe some sound bites for the liberal war room.
Like I said before this isn't an issue. I don't see it having an impact on PP, but maybe I'm wrong. And it looks to me like a desperate MSM and LPC trying to find something to counter the absolute floundering of their ideologies and party.
I am sure there is desperation. But this was served to them.
I've sad many times on here this country needs 1 more term of JT and crew. I may vote LPC just to help it happen.
Not sure I agree. One more JT term may be one too many in my mind.

Agreed re: far from the biggest fish to fry, and I agree with your read re: not a significant impact on PP, but similar fry-up's have been made out of other politicians saying one thing when the situation was something else, so there's that.
It’s usually not one thing, but the accumulation of things that make voters wonder if the opposition in fact has the temperament and competence that the current government doesn’t have.

Not sure I agree. One more JT term may be one too many in my mind.

I figure one more term of JT and it may just permanently fold the LPC, something that would make me ecstatic.

I'm not sure what I so deeply detest more, Ice Hockey or the LPC.

I figure one more term of JT and it may just permanently fold the LPC ....
If people aren't listening to Team Red commentators saying, "ya know, it may be time to change captains ...", I doubt enough party folk are getting it - or successfully getting it through to JT, in any case :(

It’s usually not one thing, but the accumulation of things that make voters wonder if the opposition in fact has the temperament and competence that the current government doesn’t have.

The current government and their NDP leeches aren't exactly setting the bar high.

The victims identities have been released. Kurt and Monica Villani, both 53, of Grand Island, New York owned a lumber business and seven Ace hardware stores in the area. The investigation is ongoing.

The victims identities have been released. Kurt and Monica Villani, both 53, of Grand Island, New York owned a lumber business and seven Ace hardware stores in the area. The investigation is ongoing.
Curious to see what really happened. Was the car a Bentley as reported?

And it certainly looks like nails in tire after all the time spent on the recent "kinder, gentler" presentation style of PP as less harsh. Time (and polling?) will tell ...

And it certainly looks like nails in tire after all the time spent on the recent "kinder, gentler" presentation style of PP as less harsh. Time (and polling?) will tell ...

Again an absolute critical mass of zero people are talking about this outside of Ottawa, it seems... It didnt even warrant a side note on anything I have been listening too in Halifax. Which is talk radio.

Again an absolute critical mass of zero people are talking about this outside of Ottawa, it seems... It didnt even warrant a side note on anything I have been listening too in Halifax. Which is talk radio.
Um these guys are based in Toronto, Montreal and Whitehorse.

I wonder if this may turn out to be related to that Bentley accelerator recall a couple years ago?

Though neither the Daily Mail nor the New York Post should be counted on to be the (or even "a") "paper of record", their spins on the story do focus on the accelerator.

. . . It remains unconfirmed what exactly led to the accident.

The pair were in a Bentley being driven by Mr. Villani at the time and had told friends there was a problem with the accelerator in the weeks before the accident. Bentley is yet to comment on the tragedy.

Niagara Falls cops are now investigating it as a “traffic investigation” — and looking at whether the luxury British car simply malfunctioned.
An earlier recall by the luxury British brand involved fears accelerator pedals could get stuck, but Bentley said it did not apply to the Villanis’ one.
. . .
Erin Bronner, a spokeswoman for the American arm of Bentley Motors, told The New York Times that authorities have not yet contacted the automaker about the incident.
She maintained that the Villanis’ car would not be tied to a recall in 2021 over a risk that their accelerator pedals could become stuck, which only applied to older, right-hand drive models not sold in the US or Canada.
In a statement provided to The Post, Bronner said Bentley would work with investigators.
“We are saddened to hear about the incident on Rainbow Bridge on Wednesday. We will work with the authorities if we can help the investigation in any way. Our thoughts are with the family of the occupants of the car,” she said in the written statement.

You know that's the Beaverton right ? And that article is satire ?

And my apologies I should have said Ontario as I've said all along.
Oh boy…next time I’ll add emojis or something…

Whitehorse and Montreal are not Ontario btw.

(And yes I am being sarcastic since that didn’t come across with my first post)

I wonder if this may turn out to be related to that Bentley accelerator recall a couple years ago?
I was discussing this with a friend this morning. My thought is that with all the electronic stuff and computers on board now something is likely to mess up.

It made news in the US, but outside of NY state (obviously) it was more about the reactions to the various folks…uh…reacting.

Back