• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CANFORGEN on Pay and PIL

Thanks for the info, I didn't want to bother the PIL Team, as I figured every email they answered took a little bit of their time away from processing files. I am sure they are working very hard to get this done, and by all accounts are moving pretty quickly through the stacks. At least the 2-3 years seems to be an outside estimate.

I will wait patiently like a good soldier :salute:

Greenman said:
Thanks for the info, I didn't want to bother the PIL Team, as I figured every email they answered took a little bit of their time away from processing files. I am sure they are working very hard to get this done, and by all accounts are moving pretty quickly through the stacks. At least the 2-3 years seems to be an outside estimate.

I will wait patiently like a good soldier :salute:

Agreed. I was still impressed with the fact they did respond and even offered more info than the guys were asking. Most of them just wanted to make sure their app arrived. What they got back was the date it arrived and what month they were currently working on.

The last reply said they were working on March. I expect that will slow down as posting and vacation season is now upon us. Still, the 2 year estimate may only be in a few rare cases now.

Here is a question, is there any way to tell that your application has been sent and received?  I just have that funny feeling that mine is sitting in a pile of paperwork on someone's desk.  I am in the UTPNCM program and the ULO was out on the first day back from leave but I handed it to another officer who works with him and, of course, he said he would give it to him.  I handed in two pieces of correspondence and they misplaced one of them.  This was back in January. 

I elected for 100% payout.  When you say they are now processing March applications, does that mean that everyone before has been paid or do they just have their applications entered into the system?  Is there anyway to check on it?

Thanks

MeanJean said:
Here is a question, is there any way to tell that your application has been sent and received?  I just have that funny feeling that mine is sitting in a pile of paperwork on someone's desk.  I am in the UTPNCM program and the ULO was out on the first day back from leave but I handed it to another officer who works with him and, of course, he said he would give it to him.  I handed in two pieces of correspondence and they misplaced one of them.  This was back in January. 

I elected for 100% payout.  When you say they are now processing March applications, does that mean that everyone before has been paid or do they just have their applications entered into the system?  Is there anyway to check on it?

Thanks

Check with your OR.  They would have sent the file(s) with a 728 so they would have a record of what was sent and when.  The other thing you can check is if the OR created their own database for tracking purposes.  That would have the info you seek on it.

Thanks, MJP.  I will drop by the OR tomorrow and hopefully get the answers I am after.

So just so everyone is aware, I just got an email from my OR with a list of people getting their PiL payout on the july midmonth pay.....there was about 20 names.

So the long and short of it is, its on its way, and in way better time than the 2-3 years we have all been hearing

sidemount said:
So just so everyone is aware, I just got an email from my OR with a list of people getting their PiL payout on the july midmonth pay.....there was about 20 names.

So the long and short of it is, its on its way, and in way better time than the 2-3 years we have all been hearing

As I said before the "up to 2 yrs" was (likely) a worst case scenario time appreciation that would apply to the last files done or the 'most complicated'.  Payouts are like HLTA, not everyone will be first and not everyone will be last.

I'm waiting for mine as well, and with taking the cash to help offset costs of building a new home, etc, I sure could use it *right now!* but I'm not the only person in this lineup.  If I gotta wait my turn at Walmart I guess I'll wait my turn for my payout.

I sent the PIL team an email asking them about my file. I received an email the same day. Very nice person however she stated that they had yet to receive my file??? It was submitted in Feb. I had all the receipts for my package being mailed and the OR receiving it. So off to my OR to see what's going on. They let me know my file was sent to the PIL team in Feb. I asked for a copy of my file as proof. After a few moments I get my file. I then scanned the file and sent it to the PIL team in Ottawa. After about an hour I get another email from Ottawa asking me to have my OR get in touch with the PIL team ASAP. There are some issues with my file and they want to walk the OR at my base through the process so my file can get processed.
This all came about through my email to the PIL team. I was wondering what would have happened had I patiently waited. Would my file still have not been inputted in the Ottawa system? I most likely would not have been aware of this until much later as I am sure they place files that have issues aside to process the straightforward ones. Which mine is 23.8 years Reg Force no broken or reserve time.
I highly encourage pers to get in touch with the PIL team just to ensure that they have in fact received your file.
Hopefully this is just a simple error that can be fixed rather easily. My job was done after I signed the form and submitted it. Even though according to CAF it is still entirely my responsibility. That's another rant all together. >:D

:salute:

stokerwes said:
I highly encourage pers to get in touch with the PIL team just to ensure that they have in fact received your file.
Hopefully this is just a simple error that can be fixed rather easily. My job was done after I signed the form and submitted it. Even though according to CAF it is still entirely my responsibility. That's another rant all together. >:D

:salute:

I agree totally with Stoker. Here's the PIL Team info. Heather is the team lead and very easy to deal with.

+DMCA 4 PIL Team@CMP DMCA@Ottawa-Hull

Heather (PIL Team Leader)

If any of you are told what month they are currently working on, I encourage you to post that here for all to see. I'm sure lots of people are interested.

Good luck.

I am not sure how or who you are all speaking to, unless this is new today. Here was my response from my inquiry.

Due to the excessive volume of PDF files being sent we are requesting that if you have any more than 5 files to send that you send them via mail.  This will greatly increase the amount of time the audotors have to review files and ultimately decrease wait times.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

You have reached the DMCA 4 PIL Team.  Due to the high volume of emails we receive, it may take a few days for our staff to respond.  Please be patient your email will be responded to.  Please note that we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your file or date of payment and these requests will go unactioned. Thank-you.

Vous avez rejoint l'équipe DACM 4 du PTLI.  En raison du volume élevé de courriels que nous recevons, il peut prendre quelques jours avant que notre personnel puisse répondre. S'il vous plaît, prière d'être patient votre courriel sera répondu. Veuillez aussi prendre note que nous ne sommes pas en mesure de vous fournir des informations concernant l'état de votre dossier ou la date de paiement, donc ces demandes demeureront sans réponse. Je vous remercie.

DMCA PIL Team Website:

http://cmp-cpm.forces.mil.ca/dgmc/engraph/dmca4_pil_team_e.asp

DACM 4 site web de L’équipe du PTLI:

http://cmp-cpm.forces.mil.ca/dgmc/frgraph/dmca4_pil_team_f.asp

Clearly they are working diligently on the packages, and as I suspected do not want to be dealing with every person who opted for the PIL.

If anyone else has better luck, good on ya.

Greenman said:
I am not sure how or who you are all speaking to, unless this is new today. Here was my response from my inquiry.

Due to the excessive volume of PDF files ...

Don't worry. That's thier automatic reply. They'll get back to you. They've been excellent to deal with.

Don't forget to post what month they tell you they're currently processing.

Unfortunately I did get a response. The only info offered was that my file arrived.

The e-mail continued on to elaborate why they would not give details regarding what month they were working on etc. and I am in complete understanding.

Patience is the only way now my friends.

This is what I received this morning:
Your file has been received

Due to the high volume of files we have received (over 43,000 and counting) we are unable to provide updates as to the status of files.  Files are being audited based on the date the file has been received by the DMCA 4 PIL Team in Ottawa.  We are working on files that were received in early February.  It is important to note, that files requiring archives access, and/or back and forth to the units for missing substantiating documentation require more time to complete the audit.

PARA 7 of CANFORGEN 241/12 CMP 115/12 122017Z DEC 12
States: NO INFO WILL BE PROVIDED REGARDING THE STATUS OF A MEMBER S FILE OR DATE OF PAYMENT
Thank you.

Does anyone have any inkling if this PiL cluster.... is effecting severance payouts?

Hatchet Man said:
Does anyone have any inkling if this PiL cluster.... is effecting severance payouts?

What do you mean?

I released in April, and a few weeks ago I received my severance.

-Skeletor- said:
What do you mean?

I released in April, and a few weeks ago I received my severance.

My release became official in Feb and to date, nothing has shown up at my mailing address back home in Canada, so I was curious if this PiL payout bottleneck is/was having an effect on regular severance.  I would call my old unit, but since it's summer most people will have been tasked out or on leave.

Hatchet Man said:
My release became official in Feb and to date, nothing has shown up at my mailing address back home in Canada, so I was curious if this PiL payout bottleneck is/was having an effect on regular severance.  I would call my old unit, but since it's summer most people will have been tasked out or on leave.

AFAIK, the PiL Team is separate from regular severance payouts. Your delay may be caused by the fact you were a reservist. Anyone currently/formerly in the reserves looks forward to a lifetime of delays in having anything processed.

Hatchet Man said:

Are you in the Sup Res?  If so, you could contact them and perhaps they can help?  If you don't have their contact info I can PM it to you, plus I may still have the phone numbers for the severance and pension people in Ottawa.

Back