• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian "Support Our Troops" Ribbons, Bracelets, Pins, etc

gk404

Inactive
Reaction score
Here's the thing,
I was in Niagara Falls area for work today and while on the road I noticed that almost every car with US plates had a sticker on it with a yellow ribbon stating:"Support out Troops".   This got me thinking, why don't we have something similar to show our support to the Canadian Armed Forces? So with the help of Photoshop, here's what I've come up with...

ISupportCanada.jpg

Now if only someone would produce these, and then give them out... say with a poppy for Remeberance Day or for a donation to the Cadets.

What do you guys think?   :cdn:

Excellent idea, maybee you should call your member of parliament, local legion or media and see if you can get it started

Doesn't Army.ca sell stickers to help pay for this site?

Maybe you could talk to the staff, let them sell your sticker.  That way we all get that cool sticker and it helps keep army.ca going.

Good idea Gayson. I'd definately buy one of those, especially if it was supporting Army.ca.

I apprieciate the feedback  :)

If anyone would like to use it they are welcome to do so.  :salute:

Awesome idea, I'd be interested in having some of those to spread around myself.

We use Yellow Ribbons too. They were all over the place in Petawawa back in March and April when the troops were coming home from Afghanistan and Bosnia.

I like gk404's idea though. If you just see a Yellow Ribbon in Toronto no one will know what its for.

Why dont we just keep it simple and make it a red and white ribbon with a maple leaf in the middle.

The yellow ribbon is also used with the same meaning in Canada.  Why not use the same yellow ribbon sticker as is on US cars? 

The reason I used Cadpat for the ribbon is to make it easily identifiable to the uninformed masses.  Practicaly everyone knows what Cadpat is and what it looks like.  If someone saw that at a distance it would imediatly bring the Armed Forces to their consciousness (I hope) and thats what it's all about, to make people think about our Armed Forces and the sacrifices they're making more often.

So, come on you slackers... somebody pick up the batton and run with it!  I want a sticker for my car!  ;D

We use Yellow Ribbons too. They were all over the place in Petawawa back in March and April when the troops were coming home from Afghanistan and Bosnia.

Same thing in Edmonton when 3 PPCLI returned from Afghanistan, the roads leading up to the Garrison where lined up with yellow ribbons.

I'll have to argue that almost everyone knows what CADPAT looks like, though.. There are VERY many people without a clue. BUT I do like the bumpersticker/ribbon idea!

I'm sorry if it's been addressed before on this forum, but I'm curious wether anyone has produced any of those rubber "Support Our Troops" bracelets similar to those used by the US Army and various charitable organizations for the Canadian Forces?

I have seen bracelets at a store by my house, but they are out of stock now.  They don' t specify Canada or US on them.  Are they the ones you are talking about?  They are camo and say "Support Our Troops".

l8joiner said:
They don' t specify Canada or US on them.   Are they the ones you are talking about?   They are camo and say "Support Our Troops".

Yeah those are the ones I'm referring to, and the reason why I'm asking for "Canadian" ones is because I haven't been able to find any locally in Toronto (maybe I"m just blind?), and don't hear much mention of them, while I can find sites all over the internet selling them under a heading similar to "SUPPOURT OUR U.S. TROOPS BRACELETS" or even for the UK.  It'd be nice to see some for Canadian Forces support.

I'd like to get ahold of a couple at least for myself and my girlfriend, does anyone know anywhere in Toronto I could scope out that would carry them?  I'd rather buy local then order off the net, but if worse comes to worse and you say they don't specify a Country I guess the sentiment would be just as good!

Let me find out from the store where they got them and I'll let you know.  I bought 8 of them and that left them a couple, and they look fine.  I'll get back to you as as soon as I can regarding them.  If anyone else knows where you can get them, please post.  Thanks.

l8joiner said:
Let me find out from the store where they got them and I'll let you know.   I bought 8 of them and that left them a couple, and they look fine.   I'll get back to you as as soon as I can regarding them.  

Thanks alot, that would be much appreciated!

I just recently bought mine for $2.00 at my kitshop and it is pretty sweet, however it is decieving as it comes off as being the Lance Armstrong LIVESTRONG bracelet from far since, it too is a yellow band...but not a bad way to show your support for our troops :)

Back