• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

Michael O'Leary said:
You could as easily write the test again and drop two points

Thanks for your reply.
Which score would it count then? The best score? Or the latest?

I think you will have a lot of problems with YOUR CFAT testing:

See Reply # 4 above.

Also you may want to read this:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/23193.0.html

and this:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13076.0.html 

Don't worry too much about your CFAT. Brush up on your basic math skills. (Multiplication, Division, Fractions and Decimals). Read the dictionary once and while for words you might not have known, PRACTICE , PRACTICE, PRACTICE and you will do just fine :)

welcjon said:
The CFAT test is common sense. If you fail, appy to McDonalds.

so well said!
here's a website where u should score at least 110 in a blink of an eye. if you're below 100 forget the army...
http://www.intelligencetest.com/

wabbit67 said:
so well said!
here's a website where u should score at least 110 in a blink of an eye. if you're below 100 forget the army...
http://www.intelligencetest.com/

And your professional qualifications to make that assessment are?

Michael O'Leary said:
And your professional qualifications to make that assessment are?

Oh, now I got it. I'm not qualified in any way, and I'm not misleading anybody. But that test will give anyone an idea of his own limitations, it's a general aptitudes test.
Those who are not able to score at least 100 have a problem, or more. However, they may have talent in other fields...

wabbit67 said:
it's a basic test, u don't need any qualifications. it's about native aptitudes

So why should anyone take your opinion as valid about the CFAT or any other test? "IQ" and "native aptitudes" aren't the same thing. What are you basing your opinion on that that particular online test has any validity regarding a potential applicant's ability to pass the CFAT?

You made the statement, justify it.

Michael O'Leary said:
So why should anyone take your opinion as valid about the CFAT or any other test? "IQ" and "native aptitudes" aren't the same thing. What are you basing your opinion on that that particular online test has any validity regarding a potential applicant's ability to pass the CFAT?

You made the statement, justify it.

I just did. But as I said, I don't compare anything with CFAT, it's just a forum and anybody can post an opinion, it doesn't have to be official, right?

Did u have a look on that website?

Yes I did look at it. And you have confirmed through avoiding the question that you have no qualifications to tell any member here that they should base their expectations of success on the CFAT on that test. We try NOT to mislead people here, either by giving them false expectations or to suggest that some arbitrary test may indicate they are unsuitable as a CF applicant. If you want to recommend it as one more possible site to practice similar questions, then do so, but without your personal opinion that it will determine their likelihood of passing the CFAT.

When did you write the CFAT, to make this comparison, anyway?

Michael O'Leary said:
Yes I did look at it. And you have confirmed through avoiding the question that you have no qualifications to tell any member here that they should base their expectations of success on the CFAT on that test. We try NOT to mislead people here, either by giving them false expectations or to suggest that some arbitrary test may indicate they are unsuitable as a CF applicant. If you want to recommend it as one more possible site to practice similar questions, then do so, but without your personal opinion that it will determine their likelihood of passing the CFAT.

When did you write the CFAT, to make this comparison, anyway?

Ok, sorry if I did something wrong, it wasn't on purpose. It was just as u said, something to practice, and to give anyone an idea what an aptitude test is about.
I didn't pass a test a CFAT test, but I passed a very comprehensive one (9 sections for 2 hours) for the company where I'm working. This company had a lot of problems before either with new graduates with high marks on their transcripts or with experienced ones providing very good references. That lead to questions like: "Who hired this one?", cause we work in teams, and those with poor judgement could not hide. So the management decided to implement this kind of test for all the existing employees as well as for those to be hired. That happened some 8 years ago and if proved to be (very) effective.
So, I might try to enroll as a combat officer for the navy, and I'm not scared of any tests, CFAT included, cause I did well ever since the primary school. The only thing that bugs me is where I might end after the training period (if accepted), but that's part of the army business, I guess.

wabbit67 said:
I didn't pass a test a CFAT test, ....

Enough said.

Welcome to Army.ca, spend some time looking around the site and get a feel for the general level of discussion.  You will find it's not like many other online forums. We like to see people backing up their statements, and any reputation you build here will be based on what you say in front of a primary audience with a lot of military experience spanning the entire CF.

I have a question about the CFTA.
if you fail the test, are you kicked out and not allowed to try for a whole year, or do you just fail and continue with basic training?

Thanks

j.lavalier said:
or do you just fail and continue with basic training?

You will not be allowed to join the CF without passing the CFAT for your chosen trade(s) first.

j.lavalier said:
I have a question about the CFTA.
if you fail the test, are you kicked out and not allowed to try for a whole year, or do you just fail and continue with basic training?

Thanks

Technically, you're not "in" at the time, so no you wouldn't be kicked out.  Aside from that, what CDN Aviator said.

futuresoldier101 said:
how hard is the cfat i'm going to be taking it soon, i'm gonna try to get into infantry ,

Please read, and follow, the Site Guidelines regarding punctuation, capitalisation and grammar.

Milnet.ca Staff

wabbit67 said:
Ok, sorry if I did something wrong, it wasn't on purpose. It was just as u said, something to practice, and to give anyone an idea what an aptitude test is about.
I didn't pass a test a CFAT test, but I passed a very comprehensive one (9 sections for 2 hours) for the company where I'm working. This company had a lot of problems before either with new graduates with high marks on their transcripts or with experienced ones providing very good references. That lead to questions like: "Who hired this one?", cause we work in teams, and those with poor judgement could not hide. So the management decided to implement this kind of test for all the existing employees as well as for those to be hired. That happened some 8 years ago and if proved to be (very) effective.
So, I might try to enroll as a combat officer for the navy, and I'm not scared of any tests, CFAT included, cause I did well ever since the primary school. The only thing that bugs me is where I might end after the training period (if accepted), but that's part of the army business, I guess.

i thought this forum was for current past and future CF members, he was telling people that they couldn't pass when he hadn't even tried it.

George Wallace said:
I think you will have a lot of problems with YOUR CFAT testing:

See Reply # 4 above.

Also you may want to read this:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/23193.0.html

and this:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13076.0.html

why do you say that you don't know me.

Alright, futuresoldier101, you're all over the place here and consistently failing to read the threads properly. The quoted post in your last was not even directed at you.

Welcome to the Warning System

Staff

Back