• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's tanks

Maybe. It complicates logistics, though. Be better to give them full battalion's worth of any particular major equipment.

Kind of interesting though that after 74 years of NATO standardization that we can't take a 10% sample and get a homogeneous response. Even Leo 2A4s are not the same - even in Canada.

Since they announced another 4 tanks to the Ukraine efforts. I saw this today on line
This is a government of habitual liars. Don't believe it until you see it.

After this conflict, Ukraine is going to need western fighters jets, so this lollygagging does nothing but help Russia both in the now and long term.
What's the state of their aircraft manufacturing plant? Depending on how much legacy capacity they've got, could see them replacing Russia as a refit and parts hub (at minimum) for everyone with Soviet fleets.

Possibly, but for now, any attempt to repair stuff at a large facility is going to be targeted by the Russians.

I’d caution against using videos for an accurate in the ground picture of what happening in Ukraine. Both sides are largely in control of their media out out and your seeing success, which leads to confirmation bias pretty quickly. That conflict is informing us about a a lot, but we should be wary of making sweeping assumptions until we have a more full, clear picture.

For what it’s worth there are ATGM UOR and longer term acquisition project happening right now.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Honestly I suspect the GoC would love to give Ukraine all of the Leo's but many aren't serviceable...

What's the state of their aircraft manufacturing plant? Depending on how much legacy capacity they've got, could see them replacing Russia as a refit and parts hub (at minimum) for everyone with Soviet fleets.
Google is a great help:

1653475423_5.jpg

And, as the last line of that article suggests, the CAF won't get desert until it eats its dinner ;)

"Anand announced last year that fixing the military’s culture was her top priority."
Why doesn't the Liberals just appoint the "Political Officers" now and be done with it? All the farting around is just annoying. Its their the end state anyways. And yes I always skip to the end of the power point too. :)

Back