• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's First Nations - CF help, protests, solutions, etc. (merged)

Remius said:
A recent article that I happen to agree with and explain my sentiments on this particular issue.

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-robson-canadians-feel-for-aboriginals-but-our-patience-for-too-many-insults-has-limits/wcm/0ceac263-d2b2-4619-a8af-1ac4f9fa60ee

:goodpost:

gryphonv said:
Thats ok, the Scottish got a better deal than the Irish.

Apparently after failing in an attempt to take the Scottish Crown, some of my ancestors went to Ireland to shag the lasses there, the name "McWilliam" starts to pop up in the family tree of the Irish female pirate Grainne.

Kat Stevens said:
I personally can only be held responsible for all the bad things that happened to anyone who isn't me since 1968, when I emigrated from England. This is typical immigrant bashing, and I'm starting to feel repressed.

WAIT!  Trudeau says that "you, as an immigrant are more Canadian that the rest of us.  We take it for granted.  You actually value it."

George Wallace said:
WAIT!  Trudeau says that "you, as an immigrant are more Canadian that the rest of us.  We take it for granted.  You actually value it."

Cool!  Because my mothers side is from Noddingham (her father immigrated) and my fathers family came over from Scotland.  ;D

That means I am also special!  :peace:

Eye In The Sky said:
Cool!  Because my mothers side is from Noddingham (her father immigrated) and my fathers family came over from Scotland.  ;D

Ahem, "Nottingham ". And it's pronounced NOTTING-um, not notting-HAM. Just a public service announcement.

Eye In The Sky said:

Actually NO.....Your mother is special......You are one of those who takes everything Canadian for granted.  [Xp

>WAIT!  Trudeau says that "you, as an immigrant are more Canadian that the rest of us.  We take it for granted.  You actually value it."

Relax.  Trudeau only speaks for himself and the federal government of Canada; he does not speak for you or me or anyone else who does not expressly consent to him doing so.

Brad Sallows said:
Relax.  Trudeau only speaks for himself and the federal government of Canada; he does not speak for you or me or anyone else who does not expressly consent to him doing so.

So you are saying that he is only a "talking head". 

Kat Stevens said:
Ahem, "Nottingham ". And it's pronounced NOTTING-um, not notting-HAM. Just a public service announcement.

Good catch. Showing off my PEI education again...

George Wallace said:
Actually NO.....Your mother is special......You are one of those who takes everything Canadian for granted.  [Xp

Dammit.  I am offended.  Where are my lawyers, Keyboard Commandos and SJW supporters!!

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/07/25/the-mmiw-is-stuck-in-a-politically-correct-limbo

The MMIW is stuck in a politically correct limbo

By Lorne Gunter , Edmonton Sun
First posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 05:32 PM EDT | Updated: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 05:36 PM EDT

The National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls, better known as the MMIW, is nearly a year old. It would be fair, though, to say it has been derailed before even leaving the station.

In it’s 11 months, the MMIW has managed to hold one - yes, one - hearing. That was in Whitehorse in June and a week before testimony was to begin, no one had a clue who would be relating their stories or when.

Despite a budget of nearly $54 million (which will almost certainly climb higher) and a timetable of two-and-a-half years (which commissioners have already said will need to be extended), the inquiry has achieved little other than driving employees away and angering First Nations groups.

Earlier this month, one of the MMIW’s five commissioners, law professor Marilyn Poitras, resigned. Before that, the executive director quit, as did a communications advisor, the director of operations and the manager of community relations.
Its first communications director was fired earlier this year.

The explanation for all this dysfunctionality may be that the MMIW seems to have a preconceived notion of what it wants to find – that white racism is the cause of most cases of murdered and disappeared indigenous women and girls. Yet it cannot reconcile that pre-made conclusion with the truth.

The truth is most First Nations women who suffer violence and sexual violence are victims of spouses, partners, ex-husbands, boyfriends, neighbours, relatives, or criminal accomplices.

And the majority of those abusers are indigenous men.

It was puzzling last summer when the Liberal government released a list of goals for the MMIW. Not on the list was an examination of just who was murdering all of these indigenous women and why.

So from the start, neither the Trudeau government nor the MMIW was truly interested in getting to the bottom of the problem. And if you refuse to identify the source you will never find a solution.

But there clearly is a problem.

First Nations women are as many as six times as likely as non-indigenous women to suffer violence, such as domestic abuse, assault, sexual assault and murder.

The Liberals and the commissioners seem to want to find that this is the result of rampant racism, in much the same way the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (2008-2015) was eager from its outset to blame residential schools for all the problems with broken indigenous culture.

The Liberals and the MMIW inquiry seem keen to find that racism infects our police forces and courts, who because of that bigotry turn a blind eye to violence against indigenous women. That would “prove” the violence itself and the perceived lack of institutional and societal concern are by-products of racism, not of broken indigenous culture.

But here are a few facts to mull over.

Indigenous men are even more likely to be victims of violence than indigenous women. So indigenous women aren’t more victimized and more ignored.

Furthermore, the rate at which crimes are solved and prosecuted is the same for crimes against missing and murdered indigenous women as it is for similar crimes against non-indigenous women. The “clearance rate” is about 90 per cent for both.

In other words, there is no systemic bias or blindness that ignores the plight of female indigenous victims.

White society can’t be blamed mostly, nor an indifferent court system, nor the RCMP and local police.

But since the commission was designed not to blame First Nations culture or indigenous men, it is stuck in a politically correct limbo.

It is tasked with finding the truth, unless the truth it finds is politically incorrect, at which point the MMIW’s mission becomes ignoring the truth.

Oooooo, that article could catch more flack than a Lancaster over Berlin.  I can imagine the outrage that could come from that one.

Its in the Sun, Liberals and SJWs don't read it anyway. Put it in Maclean's, the National Post or Globe and watch the chaos ensue.

Unfortunately the article does address the rout cause of violence against aboriginal women, but it isn't what people want to hear.

I have family living up north, and the stories they have of the area say a lot. Here is a article from one of the papers in Nunavut, where a man raped a women at gun point.

http://www.nunatsiaqonline.ca/stories/article/65674gun-toting_cape_dorset_rapist_gets_lifetime_firearm_ban/

As heinous as this is... it flew under the radar nationally... if it wasn't a native guy commiting the crime I'm sure a lot more news originizations would of picked it up.

Eaglelord17 said:
Unfortunately the article does address the rout cause of violence against aboriginal women, but it isn't what people want to hear ...
... not to mention not easy to solve all in one go.

Back