• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's First CC177 gets painted

I was just down in Long Beach, California this past week attending a conference and managed to get a tour of the Boeing Plant and the C-17 assembly line.  I did manage to get a great tour of our first two jets thanks to the flight operations people at Boeing.

We managed to take a look at F-177, our first tail that is very close to the end of the assembly line and about to be towed into the paint hangar.  And we also got to take a look at F-180, our second tail (scheduled for Oct '07) which is still in several pieces.  The wings are joined together, and the fuselage is still in 3 separate pieces.

Colin P said:
I still have to pinch myself to ensure that I am not dreaming.....never thought I would see the day.  :)

Which day would that be? The one where new transport planes are coming, or the one where the Mods are called gentle. >:D

Globesmasher thanks very much for the photos and all you have done in feeding our interest in this exciting development.

Pleeezzze keep it coming! :salute:

midget-boyd91 said:
Which day would that be? The one where new transport planes are coming, or the one where the Mods are called gentle. >:D

Probably a little bit of both  ;D

midget-boyd91 said:
the one where the Mods are called gentle. >:D

Silly......they're not meant to be gentle.....they are the "S" in S & M !!!

good article on the Boeing Global Sustainment Program . .

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/2007/06/did-focus-the-c17-global-sustainment-partnership/index.php#more

Ran across this nice pic of a C-17 that is assigned to the 517th Airlift Squadron assigned to Elmendorf AFB.

http://www.strategypage.com/military_photos/200761712329.aspx

Here we go.

It's just about ready to come off the back end of the paint line ...
For those in the Trenton area it is still scheduled for arrival on 9 August.

resizepaint4.jpg

resizepaint3.jpg

resizepaint2.jpg

resizepaint1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures GS, I think I speak for everyone when I say "Cool" 

Wow! Wow! Wow!  Never thought I'd ever see that!  It is still hard to believe....but a picture really is worth a thousand words.  Globesmasher, any idea when first flight is scheduled for?  

First arrival flight is 9 Aug into Trenton.
OPSEC - can't say when the first mission will be.

resizepaint5.jpg

resizepaint6.jpg

resizepaint7.jpg

resizepaint8.jpg

Stupid civi question, but the 701 signifies what exactly? I'm assuming that its just an aircraft number, that does not correlate to the Sqn.

cheeky_monkey said:
Stupid civi question, but the 701 signifies what exactly? I'm assuming that its just an aircraft number, that does not correlate to the Sqn.

Just an aircraft number....identifies each individual airframe

Back