• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada Day!!!

Did you attend any ceremonies regarding Canada Day?

• What's Canada Day?

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • I was too lazy

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • An hour of my time would be better spent doing things of a destructive nature.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • What's Canada Day?

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll be in Owen Sound on parade.. and then headin to Wasaga beach.

Taking the kiddies to the beach , fireworks and then to bed .......Ive got a case of Alpine lined up as well as  Norm Christies" For King and Empire" WW1

:cdn: Happy 137th Birthday CANADA   :cdn: !

Its already 01 Jul here in Australia, just after 0600.

After yesterday's flooding here in SE QLD where almost half a metre of rain fell in a day, today will be sunny and 22C.

Not bad for a winter's day.

01 Jul is just another day here, but at work today, I have a small Cdn flag on my desk. For the weekend, we have friends up from Sydney, and tonight we'll have dinner at the Bribie Island Surf Club, followed by a few social drinks in the back yard. Even though its winter here, the yard is usually about 19 or 20C long after sunset (which is about 1700h) and well into the evening. I guess a typical winters day here, is in very many ways similar to a cooler summer day on the prairies, back in dear ole Saskatchewan.

Anyways the pool temp is about 18, and I might be game for a 'polar swim' should I be brave enough, as I have become rather adjusted to the Australian climate, both winter and summer. The Coral Sea is still in the 20's but with all the shit weather we have had, the surf is mad with waves coming in yesterday at well over 10 metres high, smashing the beach prretty good.

In Sydney the VC Pub ,is a Cdn hangout and Canada Day is celebrated with much joy, as the place fills with Canucks. I have been a couple of times, and a few yrs back, I met up with some CF members, and some Rangers, who were out on exchange for a military (Armed Forces Day) march thru Sydney. A contingent of US, Cdn, UK, and NZ forces were there. Needless to say, this was Canada Day to boot, and the celebrations were long lasting.

Have a good long weekend to all Canadians at home and abroad.

Remembering back, it was one year ago today, that Nancy and I landed in Regina to begin 26 days of R&R (travelling, shooting, drinking beer, hanging out on the farm and other cool stuff). 01 Jul 04 in Regina was cold, about 5C cloudy, and in all my life (when I lived in Canada), I had never seen such cold crappy weather for July.

Anyways, for Canada Day 04, we went down to Wascana Park (at 10 Fd Regiment's Gun Platform) to watch the fireworks, driving there in my Dad's original 1958 Ford Skyliner retractable hard top.

We had a great time in Canada, and hopefully next year, we'll be back for the village of Quill Lake's 100th Anniversary Homecoming.

Regards,

Wes

Just wondering. I attended a ceremony today at the local war memorial. Sad, but nice to see a decent turnout. Only thing is, there could have been many more people there. I'm sure one hour of their "busy" lives could be spent honoring those who have fought and died, the veterans alive today, and those serving in the forces. Unless I'm terribly Ill, I've yet to miss any Remembrance Day or Canada Day ceremonies here, with exception to one or two.

I went to two differnet ceremonies, then sat down adn watched fireworks.
I am the most patriotic of anyone I know, I'm damn proud to be Canadian...
I love Canada Day!

:cdn:

I plastered myself in red & white  :cdn: including my red maple leaf hat that strangers told me all day they loved it. Then went to Ontario Place for the fireworks (but left before) cause didn't plan for the damn cold....how stupid of me, oh well. Then went home & had a nice bottle of rum!!

I worked and then I worked some more!  If I didnt have to work my full-time job I would have been in Ottawa with some friends.

LONG LIVE CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cdn:

BTW, I was supposed to be on the Public detatchment for the guard in Ottawa... Darn, I wanted to be there so bad!!! I was stock in my little city, in Québec, where talking about Canada and Confederation is forbiden.

I did nothing because I have no life and no friends.  :(

Actually I just didn't have any motivation or a ride.

Black Watch said:
LONG LIVE CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cdn:

BTW, I was supposed to be on the Public detatchment for the guard in Ottawa... Darn, I wanted to be there so bad!!! I was stock in my little city, in Québec, where talking about Canada and Confederation is forbiden.

Mate, are you serious? if so thats a pretty sad fact, but I bet they take their dole/welfare money from the federal govt without complaint and enjoyed the public stat hoilday, and wouldn't they cry out if that and the dole stopped. What ever happened to :cdn: 'one Canada  :cdn: '.

Quite frankly, anyone who feels that negative about  :cdn: Canada  :cdn: should be ashamed of themselves.

I know. Personaly, I'm a proud canadian. However, I live in a very separatist ridding, and therefore, Canada day is an occasion for them (the separatist) to parade with their Québvec flags and saying "Le Québec aux québécois!".

Pisses me off

A little late in the game here...

I had my July 4th holiday flipped to the 1st and went into DC to the embassy for their Canada Day celebration.  Was pretty decent.  They had Anne Vriend playing live, Beer was flowing and a side of Alberta beef had been smuggled in through the diplomatic bag was being bbq'd.

It seemed pretty out of place, but fun nonetheless to be celebrating Canada Day with the US Capitol building right down the street.

Cheers!  :cdn:

Back