• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can Anybody Recommend a Machine for Strengthening the Abdomen?

V

Veterans son

Hello

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive exercise machine for strengthening the abdomen please? :)

sit ups with someone or something holding your legs together.

cheers  :salute: :cdn:

If you want a good ab work out, see if you can get your hands on a bench that can be inclined with a place to hook your legs like you see in the gyms i guess, sorry i'm tired having tough time describing it lol, but i think you get the idea, anyways, get one of those, grab some weight and start doing situps

Abs don't cost money: Return that sh*t you bought from that television commercial that aired at 3:00 in the morning. To train abs, you do not need one of those roller things or special contraptions. The products on television are good, but only to a certain point meaning that there is little room for added resistance. All you need is a mat and something to hang from to get great chiseled abs.

Body Fat: Everyone has abs, some people don't see them because there is a layer of fat around your waist. On the days you are not lifting, try some cardio and look into some thermogenics.

It's quality, not quantity that counts

For lower abs try leg lifts (many variations of this exercise -- be creative :) ) And/or lay flat on your back, lift your legs straight up as if you were going to touch the ceiling (body should look like an L) bring them back down, and back up in a continuous motion. do not lift your shoulders off the bench.

Add some oblique exercises in between.

Now for upper abs, i don't like the fact you can go over 8 reps. So i do weighted overhead pull down crunches. But ill do some regular crunches once in a while (declined bench)

Focus and concentrate.

Best thing you can do is get a gym membership. Or if your packed on time, a sturdy declined bench with foot straps (added weights), hang a pull-up bar a do some leg lifts, pullups...etc. Theres many variations without spending lots or any money.

I've been working out for years and the best....the very best machine I have ever found is calll.......the floor.  Hit it and do a couple of dozen crunches and some leg lifts.  Search the net and find some variations.  Muscle against muscle.  You just can't beat it!

you dont need a machine. you got a bed to do situps on. Just do leg raises all day.

Or try keeping your legs 6 inches off the ground as long as you can. when you feel like you can't do it any more, lift your legs straight up, keep it there until they're not tired anymore. Repeat. Also, try doing the study position for as long as you can. A variation on this would be to do it with one arm, then one arm and one leg.

try these:

http://www.ast-ss.com/training/exercises/execution.asp?bp=Ab&pn=1

The ones you can do without the equipment anyways/alternate...like twisting crunches use a bed/sofa, machine crunches you can't do...

improvize but those are good exercises I am told...

GL

This is a really cooll site.  Best I've seen for getting exercises for specific parts.
                        http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WtMale.html
Hope this link works???!!!??? :blotto:

Once you get bored of the regular ab exercises, try these found on the crossfit website.  The Windsheild Wiper and the Knees to Elbows.  Prepare to be smoked 'cause they are wicked hard.  Link here -  http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html
Lot's of other 'unique' exercise are also listed.
enjoy  >:D
Greg

Just in case you havent checked out that Crossfit link above, do it! Some of those excercises are just awesome! Some really innovative stuff there!

Back