• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet Officers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your right hopeful.

Cadets get taught the same thing as soldiers. I‘m sorry i doubted you. I don‘t have as much time in as you so looking back in hindisght theres no way i could know wether your converyer belt works or not. When i get your kinda TI i‘ll come up with something clever too. I look forward to when i‘m in bosnia or afghanastan and i see you driving into my camp i get the chance to salute you.
"There goes the best **** CIC officer on operations" i‘ll say.

I salute you sir.
(Because i have a feeling it might be lost on you i was being sarcastic, nothing personal but you just don‘t know what your talking about. Happens all the time)
With that i‘ll leave the conversation as it‘s rude of me to argue on the cadet forum when i‘m not a part of it. If you‘d like to continute the argument (with me anyways) find me on the infantry or army area.

look, i am not saying that all officers in the PRes/reg are worse than CIC. i just said that i know a lot of people that have more respect for CIC officers and would rather follow them then many of the PRes officers. i went to school with a few 2Lt‘s in PRes, and i know for a fact that they couldn‘t find there way out of a wet paper bag. and i take constructive critisism very well. all i was trying to say, is that if the PRes would take there heads out of their asses, and give a little respect, i am sure that CIC/PRes would have a better relationship. I see it as three brothers. Reg force is the oldest, PRes middle, and CIC youngest. the Reg force looks down on the PRes, and the PRes looks down on the CIC. The way i look at it is the Reg Force gets there best recruits from the PRes, and the PRes gets theres from the cadets. things would run much smoother if we all worked together.
I see cadets are smoking crack these days....

Gentlemen/Ladies,

Lets let this thread die shall we? I think we can all agree that there are good and bad Officers/NCO‘s/Soldiers in all organizations. Some may or may not have a higher ratio than others.

Arguing about who will follow who, my dad is bigger than your dad, etc... is frankly as waste of ime on this forum. If you want to continue this in the off topic forum please do so.

In a nutshell an Officer is an Officer no matter how they got their comission. Reg Force troops will normally be commanded by Reg Force Officers and Reserve Troops will normally be commanded by Reserve Officers and Cadets will normally be commanded by CIC Officers. The point that has to be made is that if an Officer was put in charge of a body of Troops outside his/her normal element, they are obligated to follow his/her commands just as if they were issued by thier "own" Officers. It‘s not optional, nor up for debate. You can be charged for disobeying a lawful command from any Officer, not just those within your element. If you think that is not the case be prepared to test your theory the next time you ignore a lawful command from some one.

In the same vein it does not behove any Officer to throw his/her authority around outside his/her element unless they have specifically been give then authority to do so. I‘m a reserve Officer and I would never consider going onto a Base and start ordering Reg Force troops around (with the exception of witnessing a dangerous situation or fray) unless I had been given command of these troops. Like wise I would never go to the local Cadet Corp and start to order the cadets and staff around. Again unless I had been given authority over these individuals or I saw a dangerous situation. I would not stand for a Reg force Officer or CIC Officer to do anything similar with my troops either unless they too had been given authority by me or my Chain of Command.

Some of the situations people mention above to prove their point are ludicrous. Does anyone really think that a CIC Officer will somehow be sent overseas as a Platoon Commander? Or that a Reserve or CIC Officer will just walk up to a Snr NCO of either the Reg Force or Reserve and start ordering him around? Come on people.

I think some of the people on this board need to grow up and realize that just because they are in the environment they are in, everyone not in that environment is somehow "less" than they are. We all have stories of, "I met this reg force/Reserve/CIC Officer who was so bad...". Deal with it people.

The orginal point of this thread was that CIC/Reserve/Reg Force Officers are all equal in the eyes of the Regulations. You must salute them, and you must follow any lawful command issued by them. In all likelyhood, you will usually only deal with your own element of Officers, but there probably will come a time when you may have to deal with someone from another element. Hopefully you both will be professional enough to deal with the situation. If the Officer is not, then you should show your professionalism by not dropping to that level yourself.

Well put Harris. that is exactly what i have been trying to say.

Dito Harris, Hopefully airborne soon said it. Thats what we were trying to say.

Ruck up and Soldier on
:soldier:

I can't believe this post. I'll put it this way, CIC are officers are technically commissioned officers. Much to the chagrin of real officers. This is likely the result of so many incidents over the years of impropriety between adults and the children those "officers" were supposed to lead and mentor, not bed.
Although yes technically CIC officers are commissioned officers, and everyone is supposed to salute them, it is a frequently ignored rule. Let us compare. A real officer is a leader of men & women and a manager of the application of violence in the name of government they serve. They work tirelessly to train themselves and the people under their command. A CIC officer's work involves going to camp. Now I don't doubt that they work long hours, but what really are they leading; my 14 year old sister babysits the children next door.
To the point that the proud CIC officer is making that there is lots of bad apples in the PRes and RegF, i will agree to. The only difference is that every one of those 'bad apple" PRes/RegF Officer/NCMs has at least done more than 8 days of training to get their trade qualification, and half of it wasn't how not to look like a fool in uniform.
A Maj/LCdr in the CIC gets promoted based on the number of Cadets in the unit that they "command" not on their competence. Sometime that goes hand in hand, but often not.
I had the unfortunate opportunity to observe Cadet officers in action at RMC one summer. They took every opportunity to chase salutes from every obliged person on the peninsula. Routinely jacking up the RMC cadets who were diligently going about their studies on how to be REAL leaders of service people.
Any young Cpl out there, I implore you. Just capitulate to them. Give them a salute that's what they value the most. They draw all their power from bossing young kids around. How hard is it to pick them up for not shining their shoes. I mean I would expect the same skill set in a Company Commander of the RCR. They are after all equal, oh wait not a chance. Like I said, just give them a salute and know it doesn't mean anything, but don't listen to their stories that there are plans in Ottawa that they will be called into action on bases around the country should we ever go into a protracted war. There are no such plans. It's all a figment of their imagination, an urban legend if you will. It makes them think they are real officers.

Wow, your first post is to a topic that has been dormant fro 6 years. Talk about pathetic. You are definitely a troll and this should be deleted.

J Pasco:

Why, oh why, oh why, would you (presumably a grown man - don't really know, your profile is empty), go to a CADET forum, and lash out at people who've never done you any harm - especially on a thread that's been dormant for almost six years?

This is a classic example of "trolling".

Seeing as how you're new around here - consider this you're freebie regarding trolling.

I strongly suggest you have a read here:  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html BEFORE proceeding any further on these forums.

Roy Harding
Milnet.ca Staff

Seems a lot of adults without anything to do with the cadets enjoy posting on their boards.

Roy I agree his first post is scathing (though he brought up valid points). Is it better to ressurect a 6 year old post like this or start a new post and be told to do a search?

I'm guessing new members don't sit there and sift through every post from the last 6 years. Perhaps he did a search saw something that caught his eye and wanted to chime in?

I'm not sure the resurrect/new post etiquette. The post while bringing up true points doesn't seem to be in the form of an argument as much as an i hate CIC flavor though.

Alright, we've beat this topic down in many incarnations.  It looks like we seem to have missed one of many threads that needed locking at some point.

CIC Officers are "Real Officers" as an officer serves under the Queen's Commission which they receive.  They don't command men, but then again, does that mean the Executive Assistants at NDHQ aren't "Real Officers" either?

Locked.

Milnet.ca Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back