• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C3 Howitzer Replacement

I understand the need for a armored engineering vehicle for quick breeching, digging etc. We could always repurpose things like Dozers, trenchers, cable layers, excavators backhoes into a Military purpose. Something like this thing would work good at making an initial defensive line . View attachment 76617

This project hasn't been showing much movement - on the books since at least 2015 - but the priority may have ticked up.

Just add an excavator arm to this:
1200px-Combined_Resolve_III_141024-A-LO967-008.jpg

And maybe arm it with the L9/M135 165mm demolition gun.
Or add a trencher arm to it. A excavator attachment takes to long to build a quickly needed trench line. Plus doesn't look scary.

this is how to clear trenches

like the final line
""I know burying people like that sounds pretty nasty," Col. Lon Maggart told Seattle Times reporter Patrick J. Sloyan, "but it would be even nastier if we had to put our troops in the trenches and clean them out with bayonets.""

like the final line
""I know burying people like that sounds pretty nasty," Col. Lon Maggart told Seattle Times reporter Patrick J. Sloyan, "but it would be even nastier if we had to put our troops in the trenches and clean them out with bayonets.""

Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

like the final line
There is a lot more to that story - as that Iraqi unit had faked a surrender earlier and so 25mm HEI and pushing the earth back over then was the reward.

There is a lot more to that story - as that Iraqi unit had faked a surrender earlier and so 25mm HEI and pushing the earth back over then was the reward.
I kind of agree with the use of equipment over the use of troops and close quarter combat

The job of the command is bring their troops home using everything and anything to do that

It was a public relations nightmare till the officer spoke up

I kind of agree with the use of equipment over the use of troops and close quarter combat

The job of the command is bring their troops home using everything and anything to do that

It was a public relations nightmare till the officer spoke up
Same argument some Americans use to attempt to justify dropping two atomic bombs on a bunch of civilians. At least with that example it was a legitimate military target.

Back