• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C/Flight Corporal commanding a C/Sergeant?

Shrinjay

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just a quick question, recently I was appointed as a flight commander at my squadron. The 2ic of my flight actually outranks me, in that I will become a sergeant this year and he will become a flight sergeant. I'm not sure how this will work, as he could technically pull rank on me. Is something like this even allowed?

Hey. Same thing happened at me squadron. They tweaked it a bit though to make sure he didn’t feel overstepped on. They made me deputy commander as sgt. and spoke to f/sgt and he was ok to treat me as an equal  and to work together as a team. F/Sgt could technically complain but why would he or she. It would serve no purpose. We worked it out and it was fine. Just don’t be to “authoritarian” with him/her. Make sense? Btw, I’ve started my application to RMC for aero eng if you have any questions.

Shrinjay said:
Hey all,

Just a quick question, recently I was appointed as a flight commander at my squadron. The 2ic of my flight actually outranks me, in that I will become a sergeant this year and he will become a flight sergeant. I'm not sure how this will work, as he could technically pull rank on me. Is something like this even allowed?

Im a sgt and in my flight there is a FSgt. he isnt section IC or Flt 2IC or anything. If you are appointed to a leadership role, and he is in you section/flight, you can give orders and such. However, if there is someone of a higher rank than you I would recommend being open to criticism or advice as they almost certainly have more experience and/or knowledge

Back