• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bridging times

SprCForr

Inactive
Reaction score
aesop081 said:
If this was meant to be impressive then....

My QL3 ( 9302) in Chilliwack, 8-bay DS MGB, jacked down , ramped and decked.....90 mins, 24 people......

::) Br Camp, Skagit River Valley B.C. in '80 3 TP 1 CER, EWBB Triple-single 16 bay complete with pier on a virgin site in 19 hrs (includes prep time) 16 pers including the bridge comd. Trafficked. But not including the Lynx recovery time. It threw a track in the river recovering the unused pieces of pier. Ask CWO Mears. He was there. I think the pictures of that beast are still in the Troop photo album.  :warstory:

Sorry for the hijack.  :(

SprCForr said:
::) Br Camp, Skagit River Valley B.C. in '80 3 TP 1 CER, EWBB Triple-single 16 bay complete with pier on a virgin site in 19 hrs (includes prep time) 16 pers including the bridge comd. Trafficked. But not including the Lynx recovery time. It threw a track in the river recovering the unused pieces of pier. Ask CWO Mears. He was there. I think the pictures of that beast are still in the Troop photo album.   :warstory:

Sorry for the hijack.   :(

It is Captain Mears now.

Who cares about speed? When bridging becomes a race, people become injured! The types of bridges us engineers build are not assualt bridges by any strech of the imagination. Therefore, if it takes you 20 hours to build a bridge, then it takes you 20 hours to build a brdige. Who cares!!!

Chimo!

There was no race. It was just plain hard work. After slogging through it, it becomes pride in a job well done. Besides, you cared on your QL 3 and 5. Everyone did.  :p

Capt Mears!  :eek: Who would have thought?. Hmmm...any idea where he is now? Nasty needs his chain pulled again. :D

Back