• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Booze

Absenthe does the trick real fast, but I find that the buzz goes as quick as it comes. There was a really good drink listed in "Maxim" about a year ago. It‘s called a Purple ****. You get two shot glasses, one with tequila, one with black sambuca, and a straw. You put the straw into the shot glass full of sambuca, then slowly pull through the straw, as the shot glass is emptying, you slowly pour the tequila into the first glass. It tastes as bad as all ****, but I‘ve yet to see someone hold down more than three of them, thats 6oz. And if your going to mix beer and liquor, remember the rule: Beer before liquor, never been sicker, Liquor before beer, your in the clear.

Originally posted by Northern Touch:
[qb]
Originally posted by Tpr.Orange:
[qb]
Absnyth 90% but you cant get it in canada you have to get it from someone other then North America [/qb]
Are you sure about that? I had someone tell me just yesterday that they have seen it and bought it in the LCBO. They even described how it was locked behind a glass case beside the most expensive wine/liqour (I forget which one). [/qb]
True Absynth is Illegal in Canada therefore you wouldn‘t be able to get it at the LCBO...

I had to get in when i was on my way home from Israel.

But from what i know Absynth comes in three %ages 70 85 89.9% and the 89.9% is considered the Special reserve stuff... so good but you cant drink it straight you have to put some sugar on a spoon put a lil absynth on it light it on fire wait for the sugar to start to carmalize and then mix it in the drink (blow out the fire of course)...and drink it

A few things about the green fairy, I have done quite a bit a research regarding absynth. Absynth is legal in Canada, I have a bottle sitting on my shelf which I bought from the LCBO (Hills). It‘s 70% alcohol by volume (very kick*** stuff). The LCBO only sells the one brand of absinth, and it is not in the special reserve or anything. You just have to go to one of the larger LCBO‘s and it is located with all the other spirits like gin, rum etc. The thing with the sugar is because the main ingredients (wormwood) in Absynth are very very bitter, not because of the high alcohol content. There are stronger Absynths in Europe, and you can get them shipped here through the LCBO but it will cost a lot. I don‘t know about ordering directly yourself, but I will ask Portcullis Guy what customs says about it.
Absynth now does not have near as high as the wormwood (Wormwood, is the ingredient that has the supposed hallucenigenic properties), that it used to back in the 1800‘s early 1900‘s. Many scientists now are unsure if it was the wormwood in the absynth or the many heavy metals (mercury, lead etc) present in the drink, that gave it those properties.

And from my friend who worked at the LCBO, the only reason why they sell Hill‘s Absynth, is because it is the least potent (alcohol and wormwood) of all the other brands from Europe.

Maxim ran an article about the green fairy and reviews of some of the more potent brews here
http://www.maximonline.com/grit/articles/article_5372.html

P.S. don‘t do what my friends brother did, grab the bottle and take two giant gulps, before we could get the bottle off him (they guy has drank hairspray, and cologne before). He was a stubling drunk in about 5 min.

Back