• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Booze

Sh0rtbUs

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I‘ve always been loyal to Captain Morgan whenever a party or something came up. But the other night i had a 26‘er, and was wondering what else there is out there as far as hard liquor?

I‘ll be honest, Im not drinking here for the enjoyment of an alcoholic beverage. Im wondering whats a good drink to get hammered with. Rum has always been good, since its 40% volume does the trick fast..but god, that taste wears on you after a few good swigs. Anything out there with a lighter taste, but same volume AND price?

I find things like Smirnoff, beer..etc doesnt hack it, solely because the alcohol volume is too low. Any suggestions?

well you could always go the opposite direction and get double proof. at 75.5 volume you wont know what it tastes like other than the burning sensation on the way down :p

Pure Vodka, straight up or mixed (with just about anything), normally 40%. The clearer the liquor, the less the impurities = less hangover. Watch the pop for mix, it‘s full of sugar and will kill you in the morning. Cranberry juice works well and keeps the pipes clean :D

aaah screw mixing...I like drinking straight. (never had a problem with hangovers anyways)

Whats jack Daniels like?

Canadian Iceberg vodka is the best bar none.

Either that or Jager Miester!

Yukon Jack or Fireball with ice...the nectar of the Gods. :blotto:

Appleton Estates Rum on the Rocks; Is the most excellent rum available all the time on the rocks,

7 year Cuban rum (you can get it at the liquor store sometimes, and if you can it‘s better than Appleton Estates)

Lambanog (Spr Earl and Danjanou I‘m hoping you know that one)

Bombay Saphire Gin mixed with 7Up is always good, has to be saphire though, the bottles a neat collector too. Gin is excellent with any fruit juice also.

Cranberry and Vodka is a classic as well, just make sure you don‘t overdo it, I had a buddy of mine ralf on a mirror at a club and it was all red and looked like he was throwing up blood, so they called the ambulance and everything....haha it was a good time actually.

If your goal is to get hammed, then why not wet the pallet with a nice tequila. It‘s sure to do the trick in a minimal amount of time and it also (in my experience) seems to be the liquor that the ladies enjoy aswell. I could never build up a tolerance for it though so I guess that‘s why it always hit me pretty fast. Mexican devil water I tells ya. :blotto:

Fireball eh? Goes down like candy and pretty fast too so you don‘t notice you‘re wasted untill you try to make it to the bathroom.

Bruce, if you enjoy Fireball may I suggest the fine Greek liquor called Ouzo. Being Greek I have had the opportunity enjoy many a shot of ouzo. It tastes like black licorice and it will get you up on the tables dancing untill dawn. :D

Just say NO to the ouzo. You‘ll wish you did, I know I do.

I haven‘t drank for over 7 years now.

However, in my extensive experience with alcohol, prior to quitting, I found that Southern Comfort, Ouzo mixed with Nestle‘s iced tea or straight up, and Yukon Jack, were the easiest on the taste buds.

There‘s no reason why a few dollars should stop you from buying something that you actually find moderatley tasty. If the alcohol content is somewhat lower, then just buy enough to drink a little more.

Thats not to say that any of those brands were my drink of choice though. I was a rye and Coke guy. Preferably Wisers brand. My back up drink was Smiranoff screwdrivers. And if I happened into a nightclub, I had a weird thing for Khalua brown cows.

Tatse should come before effect. It‘s hardly cool to do a shot and look like you want to barff right after.

I say you get Hill‘s Absinthe at the LCBO. gets you smashed and its like 70 something percent or Bacardi 5150

or just mix liquor and beer

It‘s hardly cool to do a shot and look like you want to barff right after.
Haha, I say go the step further and just let loose on the barfloor, now I‘ve seen that happen enough times.
Tequiiilaaaaaaa will do that to anyone, I don‘t care who they are, there‘s just something in Tequila that excites everyones gag reflex...unless they‘re Mexican, I swear to God I‘ve watched a Mexican down a bottle of Tequila like it was water.

Canadian Club
Jack Daniels
Wild Turkey
Grey Goose
And good old Goldschlagger

or if you really wanna trip

Absnyth 90% but you cant get it in canada you have to get it from someone other then North America

Originally posted by Graeme:
[qb] I say you get Hill‘s Absinthe at the LCBO. gets you smashed and its like 70 something percent or Bacardi 5150

or just mix liquor and beer [/qb]
My cardinal rule of drinking is to never mix liquor and beer. I have an amendment to this rule and that‘s that beer can be consumed at supper time way in advance of the opening ceremonies of the liquor consumption. I have a formula that proves the mixture is too unstable.

beer + liquor = uncontrolled and unrelenting gyroscopic motion of the club/taxi/bedroom/toilet seat

It has also been found that the amount of time the phrase "i‘m never drinking again" is slurred in an evening is directly proportional to the beer/liquor mixture in your blood.

Originally posted by GrahamD:
[qb]
Thats not to say that any of those brands were my drink of choice though. I was a rye and Coke guy. Preferably Wisers brand. My back up drink was Smiranoff screwdrivers. [/qb]
Ah yes screwdrivers. I remember residence parties back in college mixing Smirnoff with Tang and trying to impress the co-eds by telling them this was the drink that astronauts drank at parties. Those were some lonley nights. :(

Originally posted by Tpr.Orange:
[qb]
Absnyth 90% but you cant get it in canada you have to get it from someone other then North America [/qb]
Are you sure about that? I had someone tell me just yesterday that they have seen it and bought it in the LCBO. They even described how it was locked behind a glass case beside the most expensive wine/liqour (I forget which one).

Back