• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ length- lots of rumors

FITSUMO

Inactive
Reaction score
I have been seeing lots of talk about BMQ being 13 weeks as of sept, and there might be a second BMQ site(CFB  boredom).  IF the lenght has been changed does that affect SQ in any way( is it going to be longer).  Also if it is now 13 weeks does that mean more field time while in BMQ.

respect
FITSUMO

As of right now the Inf BIQ is 10 weeks.  The amount of field time would depend on what trade you were planning on going on wouldn't it?

As of right now the Inf BIQ is 10 weeks.  The amount of field time would depend on what trade you were planning on going on wouldn't it?

I am asking about an increase in field time durning BMQ.

respect
FITSUMO

the point I'm trying to make is that a Sigs BIQ may have less field time then a Cmbt Arms BIQ.  I'm not entirely sure however they usually have more field time for cmbt arms courses and you never specified which BIQ you were refering to.

Also it might help out the reader if you put a quote in "quotes".

"Also it might help out the reader if you put a quote in "quotes"."

sorry thought I did when I pasted.  my bad.

respect
FITSUMO

CFL said:
the point I'm trying to make is that a Sigs BIQ may have less field time then a Cmbt Arms BIQ.   I'm not entirely sure however they usually have more field time for cmbt arms courses and you never specified which BIQ you were refering to.

I think there is some confusion here.  He's asking about the rumors that are going around about B"M"Q lasting for 13 weeks instead of 10.  You're talking about B"I"Q.  I don't think hes looking that far ahead to his occupational training yet. Besides, Infanty training is a lot longer than 10 weeks.  Closer to 6 months I think.

GrahamD said:
I think there is some confusion here.   He's asking about the rumors that are going around about B"M"Q lasting for 13 weeks instead of 10.   You're talking about B"I"Q.   I don't think hes looking that far ahead to his occupational training yet. Besides, Infanty training is a lot longer than 10 weeks.   Closer to 6 months I think.

From the recruiting site....

Basic Military Occupational (MOC) Training for Infantry Soldiers is conducted by their regiment. It takes about 10 weeks, and takes place at one of the following Military Training Centres:
The Royal Canadian Regiment: Meaford, Ontario;
Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry: Wainwright, Alberta;
and The Royal 22e Régiment: Valcartier, Quebec.

Basic MOC training covers the following material:
-Use and care of personal and section-level weapons, including rifles, machine guns and anti-tank weapons;
-Field-craft, including personal hygiene and meal preparation, camouflage, sentry duties, signalling, selecting firing positions, tactical movements and lines of advance;
-Construction of field defences, such as trenches and roadblocks, and laying and marking of minefields;
-Navigation by day and by night;
-Patrolling operations; and
-Infantry section and platoon tactics, including offensive, defensive and transitional operations.

In addition to what you said though GrahamD, I think he's referring to the rumour mill of BMQ and SQ being combined by tacking on a few weeks to BMQ. I suppose until it's official though, it's only specualtion.

cheers.

CFL said:
the point I'm trying to make is that a Sigs BIQ may have less field time then a Cmbt Arms BIQ.   I'm not entirely sure however they usually have more field time for cmbt arms courses and you never specified which BIQ you were refering to.

Sigs have to do BIQ?  ???

My apologies.  I have "B" "I" "Q" on the brain right now as I'm the storeman and being run through the ringer.

"My apologies.  I have "B" "I" "Q" on the brain right now as I'm the storeman and being run through the ringer."

no worries, mate.

The rumor of changing the length of BMQ to 13 weeks is nothing new. I did BMQ in '03 and the rumor was going on then.

As for Borden running a BMQ, that is not knew. The PO2 I had in St Jean was from Borden where he was teaching on a BMQ. Also in '03 there was a BMQ going on in Halifax . I know this because my ex-girlfriend did hers there. :( :'(

McNutt

Back