• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ-April 2009

I think it was on one of the forms they kept on file (because I don't see it in my stack of paper),  but during the Swearing-In I copied the number down into the folder I brought home.

mr.rhtuner said:
well the day is getting closer....

I know eh, i'm getting so anxious. I pace the floors trying to find things to do, i'm all packed, set and ready. Theres nothing left but to hurry up and wait........

Have you set your biological clock?

ie Wake at 05:00 and go to bed at 23:00?

I find that to be a fun thing to do while awaiting basic.

Lol it's impossible for me to do right now... It would mean I'd have to go to bed at 9 PM and get up at 3 AM because of my time zone... I'm still working right now (today is my last day here) and I leave for Basic on Saturday... I wish I could prepare for it beforehand haha... I guess getting to the Airport at 5 AM for my 6:30 AM flight on Saturday morning will be when that begins for me.

Mosher said:
I know eh, i'm getting so anxious. I pace the floors trying to find things to do, i'm all packed, set and ready. Theres nothing left but to hurry up and wait........

I have to still do all shopping stuff this friday and pack slowly on the weekend.  You are going for the april 6th course? or the 13th one?

Yay apr 6th bmq here we come. I know that Mosher and Displaced Maritimer are going. Any one else? Displaced where you comming from do you fly on the 4th or the 5th? I leave Halifax on the 5th @ 0625.

Leaving Edmonton on the 4th at 0630... I'm originally from Halifax, lived out here in Edmonton for the last 3 years though.

yeah I guess there are a few of you getting there on the Sat. I dont get in till Sunday. I wonder why the difference. Oh well Good luck to ya and I will see ya there.
Pte (R) Scott Smith. Wow that feels good to finnally say out load

WOOO! I fly out on the 4th at 9:30! I've only been getting up at 7:30 but now that i have these new bad @ss runners, i'm getting up at 5 tomorrow and going for a run. I'm all packed and ready. All i need is my shower sandals lol.

They couldn't possibly process everyone who comes in to start a course in a single day... that's why they have it split into both days of the weekend I'm sure. I have to clean my apartment all day tomorrow... the movers come in Friday and take all my stuff into storage, and then I sleep 1 last day in my apartment with nothing before I head to the airport for 0430 haha... gonna be a busy few days.

DisplacedMaritimer said:
They couldn't possibly process everyone who comes in to start a course in a single day... that's why they have it split into both days of the weekend I'm sure.

They certainly can process everyone at once. Most likely that the different arrival days are just as a result of flight bookings. Thats just how it fell when someone picked up the phone to AMEX travel and got flights.

CDN Aviator said:
They certainly can process everyone at once. Most likely that the different arrival days are just as a result of flight bookings. Thats just how it fell when someone picked up the phone to AMEX travel and got flights.

That makes sense too... thanks for the clarification. I'm just looking forward to getting started... can't wait for the challenge I'm only slightly nervous, but far more excited.

Well good luck boys!
I'll see you boys the following week as I fly in on the 12th and start on the 13th!
I can't wait I've been doing some shopping and tryin to chat with people going with me to basic so I can kinda know some people going! man the time can' come soon enough hahah

I leave on the 5th at 8:15 from toronto. Luckily its only an hours drive from here in Borden. I look forward to meeting all of you, Only a few days away.

Best of luck
Pat L.

The next BMQ starting in Borden is not until 26 April 09. You might want to recheck your paperwork for dates and location of your course. If you are leaving on for the 5th, it'll be in St Jean, if you are going to Borden, you will be too early on the 5th.

I said its only an hours drive from here in Borden (where i am) to the airport in toronto. Which is where i will head to saint jean. just to clarify

Confirmed my offer today, slated for BMQ on 27 Apr 09. Course number 0252E. Trade: Infantry. Anyone else on this course?

Back