• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Blood for oil

M

MAJOR_Baker

Okay, now I have read and seen the NO BLOOD FOR OIL PLACARDS, but what the HEY!

I thought that the US went to Iraq for cheap oil.....noticed the price of gasoline lately?

OPEC just approved a 4% decrease in production so i don‘t think they‘ll be going down anytime soon!

If invading another country means it will lower the price on gas sign me up.

I‘m paying 80 cents a liter!
If people kill each other out of something stupid like religion why not do it for something thats real.
Oil and gas.

Short term loss for long term gains anyone? (just throwing a hypothetical question) ;)

Well its certianly not for women‘s right. Which going backwards everyday, now that religious leaders are free to promote their sexism, it won‘t be long belong before women loss any right to vote, drive, or even attend the schools. You just to watch any report on Iraq, and it details the deline in womens right as the rise in religious movements grows. And I‘ve seen this reported on BBC, CBC, CNN and other news chns. If women don‘t keep the same rights they had under Saddem ( and they had more rights than other middle eastern country) the whole thing will be a failure.

The oil is slowly running out and it wont be long before cheap oil and its products are a thing of the past.

Enjoy it while it lasts folks. ;)

Tyler

I agree, why not fight for oil. ****, the Brits went to war with China over tea. Oil drives our economies and the welfare of our countries. How about this, tell OPEC to shove their oil because we now control Iraq's oil and Kuwait is our friend as well. If these *******s want us to keep propping up their regimes, sell the oil cheap or they eat the stuff because we don't need to buy it from them any more. Talk about strategic reserves, control the oil and control the fates of nations. â Å“Play ball or no oil for you!â ?

I am just curious how Kuwait votes when it comes to increasing the production or decreasing the production of oil. Afterall they owe the US their freedom.

If anyone in a university declares that "War for Oil" is wrong then they are talking out of their *** and they are hypocrites because the free education they enjoy is bought and paid for by the productivity of the modern, petroleum based economy. Until a viable alternative is produced, our interests in the Middle East are vital and as the representative power of said economy, the US will do what is necessary to secure the standard-of-living that so many of us take for granted.

I wonder what US is going to do now that there is going to be 4% decrease in oil production.

Silly Saudis.

Someone take over Siberia and get the oil there under production already.

If you want to see the U.S. really get it, watch what happens when OPEC switches the price of oil to Euro instead of USD.

I love the fact that in response to high oil prices, the U.S. political machine seizes on it as an issue. Kerry is campaigning on pressuring oil producers to increase production and lower prices, and Bush is slagging him with accusations of wanting to increase gas taxes.

Here‘s an idea: get a fuel efficient car, use less gas, and save money.

I agree with Ghost778 I pay to much for gas here in nfld and my car is a 5.7 litre trans am so it eats it as quick as I dump it in. I think that war over commodities especially non-renewable ones is a just cause. As for Redeyes comment of getting a fuel efficient car I would but I cant leave my car it needs me :D

Originally posted by Monger:
[qb] I agree with Ghost778 I pay to much for gas here in nfld and my car is a 5.7 litre trans am so it eats it as quick as I dump it in. I think that war over commodities especially non-renewable ones is a just cause. As for Redeyes comment of getting a fuel efficient car I would but I cant leave my car it needs me :D [/qb]
You got road‘s to drive dat ting on? ;) :D

Here‘s an idea: get a fuel efficient car, use less gas, and save money.
Actually you don‘t save very much money, if any at all. My brother works for Performance Honda in Toronto, he told me the Hybrids may be fuel efficient, but it does not save you any money. The maintenance costs on one of those suckers is high and it often needs maintenance.

Originally posted by S_Baker:
[qb] Okay, now I have read and seen the NO BLOOD FOR OIL PLACARDS, but what the HEY!

I thought that the US went to Iraq for cheap oil.....noticed the price of gasoline lately? [/qb]
Sherwood have you seen the profit‘s that Exxon and Chevron made last year.
The highest in their Corp. histories!

Exxon made the most profit of any Corp. in the World even beat out Microsoft!
So who is causing the rise in gas and diesel prices?

The Oil Companies them selves!!
I‘m sick of hearing about refineries down for maintenance!!! :mad:

Want to see prices drop?
The only way to deal with this is that the public pick on two,three Corp.‘s and stop buying their gas for a month or two they will have no choice but to drop the price to get business back and once they do the other‘s will do the same just to keep market share and we keep it up.
It‘s we who have the power by our dollar‘s we spend on motion lotion

So who do we start with?
Exxon,Yup!,Chevron,Yup! and Shell!!

Wow, what a fluke. We posted at the exact same time.

SUV‘s suck up too much gas. (and in my home town its cool all of a sdden to own one) I had a Silverado and the ******* took almost $80s in gas to drive from Petawawa to cornwall, a 3 hour trip. Of course i was approaching light speed but that truck is the caddalic of trucks.

All those university students with grants and free educations from their parents would change their story soon if they had to work for it.

They have cars that run on water and also ones that run on electricity. For some reason the gas companies are bending over backwards trying to hinder them as much as possible.

Originally posted by Ghost778:
[qb] SUV‘s suck up too much gas. (and in my home town its cool all of a sdden to own one) I had a Silverado and the ******* took almost $80s in gas to drive from Petawawa to cornwall, a 3 hour trip. Of course i was approaching light speed but that truck is the caddalic of trucks.

All those university students with grants and free educations from their parents would change their story soon if they had to work for it.

They have cars that run on water and also ones that run on electricity. For some reason the gas companies are bending over backwards trying to hinder them as much as possible. [/qb]
Being a Marine Engineer on Civie St. I shopped around and bought a Toyota Carolla for $15,000 and have driven to Edmonchuck from Van on a tank and a half I was gob smacked at the mileage we get out of the little bugger. :salute:

In Ontario, I beleive we pay about .20 cents a litre in gas taxes alone. This money is supposed to pay for road development but very little actually goes towards it. The rest is sucked up by the government. Go figure.

My V6 Grand Am actually gets good milage. In the summer I could go from St.Catharines to Petawawa (700km) and still have a quarter of a tank left. A few weeks ago I drove from St.Catharines to somewhere north of Orillia for $12 (260km) of gas @ .75 cents a litre.

Tyler

Fuel prices are gross here in Newfoundland. Over 90 cents a liter, it's probably going to reach a dollar by the summer. How the **** are you suppose to keep a vehicle on the road? Between fuel and insurance, I don't know what's worst.

Back