• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BFT - Success!:)

54/102 CEF

Inactive
Reaction score
Another BFT done

This time around I went to Goodlife Fitness in Ottawa at 199 Queen Street

weekly program

3 x Weight lifting x 45 mins avg 20 kg
2 x aerobic step x 45 mins

In these directed trg sessions you stop for water for 1 min every 5  - its good value

Didn't do 1 BFT prep walk and completed the 13 km in 120 mins - some large faced jokers finished well behind me :)

Now mind you that's from Nov 1 - 24 Mar when its dark as can be or icy beyond belief

My point - have an adaptable trg program and you can go a long way

I haven't done the trench dig for the BFT since SQ.  Just 13km march and fireman carry and now the drag. 

Other options if the weather is crappy and you don't/can't do a march outside and you have no places to do one indoors(ie a 200m indoor tack) you can do squats and treadmill(walking pace but crank the elevation to max).

Aslong as you have something to work the legs out when you can't do a march you should be fine, just keep the muscles excercised, etc.

I have a BFT coming up on the 21st of this month I believe. My training time so far was 1 hr 48.40 mins, or 108.40 mins. I have previously done the same route in the opposite direction and achieved a time of 2 hrs 9.35 mins. Before both I started with a 6.5km or half ruck march with a time of 1 hr 7.12 mins. My program used 3 sessions all with the same weigh. I rested a day between marches. Any suggestions on my program?

RuckinAlong said:
I have a BFT coming up on the 21st of this month I believe. My training time so far was 1 hr 48.40 mins, or 108.40 mins. I have previously done the same route in the opposite direction and achieved a time of 2 hrs 9.35 mins. Before both I started with a 6.5km or half ruck march with a time of 1 hr 7.12 mins. My program used 3 sessions all with the same weigh. I rested a day between marches. Any suggestions on my program?

I don't really know what your program is based on that description.

Chilme said:
Did you do the drag and trench dig?

Yes - got dragged down hill and dragged my partne uphill

Trench dig was frozen so we got a freebie

Chilme said:
I don't really know what your program is based on that description.

The times loook consistent - I like the idea of training for half of it very well - as you have to come back

When I went - I had my hand held GPS and I was right behind the marker and telling him he was over speeding (> 5.3 km an hour)

My point is get it down on time and save your energy - thereby having a good trg experience for all as you'll need it when you get to the RV for the next task

Back