• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beware of your fellow fury travels mates (BBC News)

Yrys

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6183587.stm

Mass mouse escape on Saudi plane
Mice: Not known as frequent flyers en masse
More than 100 passengers on a Saudi plane were left panic-stricken
by the unexpected appearance of furry fellow flyers - dozens of mice.

The small rodents - about 80 in total, according to a local newspaper -
escaped from the bag of a man travelling on the domestic flight.

An airline official said the aircraft was at 28,000 feet (8,500m) when
mice began scurrying around the cabin.

Some of the mice fell on passengers' heads, Al-Hayat newspaper reports.

The incident occurred on a Saudi Arabian Airlines flight from the capital,
Riyadh, to north-eastern town of Tabuk.

The flight landed safely and the bag's owner was detained by police investigating
how he managed to get the mice onto the plane.

No explanation was given for the man's live cargo.

Let's now......mice and rats are 'carriers'.  This is how the plaque was spread in days of old.  Could this have been a 'Dry Run'? 

Now arriving at an Airport near you - "The Black Plaque"!

Exactly what I thought,  but I thought I was too paranoid...
Even if it is not a test, it may give some people ideas...

And I'm sure nowadays mouses can be carriers of something deadlier then plague...
I don't like it when I'm thinking that Bio-terrorism may jump out of somebody thesis
to somebody neighbourhood : ( .

Don't worry.  It has already been thought of.  In fact there have been threats made in the media.  So....it pays to be vigilant.......or paranoid.

..............And think outside of the Box.

Yrys said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6183587.stm
Mice on a plane . . . is that the best they could do for a sequel?

Think outside the box?!?  It was fleas that transferred the plague to the humans from the wee beasties in the first place and I would imagine that there are several AQ schmucks that are carriers of fleas so I wouldn't think that they would need the mice after all.

(does that seem as incoherent to you as it does to me?  Oh well it's Fri afternoon after all)

Like that fricken hoof and mouth scare a few years back when you had to walk through trays of disinfectant at the airport.

BernDawg said:
to walk through trays of disinfectant at the airport.

... as if people travel with the sames shoes that they put on to go to a farm...

Didn't see anyone on the tv those days that thought of getting theirs shoes out of the suitcase to
disinfect them...

Mice are a very common cargo on passenger aircraft, I worked in customs bonded freight transport for 4 years or so, mice are shipped in cardboard boxes to research facilities from breeders, you'd be shocked at some of the stuff that flies in the belly while you are watching the movie and eating your rubber steak dinner.

Snakes on a Plane.
Mice on a Plane.
Dastardly super plots to destroy the west.
Mice droppings are hazardous to your health, arne't they?
Sounds like a midnight super plan by Pinky and The Brain to take over the world.
:D

BYT Driver said:
Snakes on a Plane.
Mice on a Plane.
Dastardly super plots to destroy the west.
Sounds like a midnight super plan by Pinky and The Brain to take over the world.
:D

Pinky and the brain :rofl:   

They actually don't even treat them with the same standards as domestic pets, on passenger craft they are just like any run o' the mill box. Packed in cardboard flats about 18x12x6 inches l x w x h with a little mesh so they have air flow. I've seen as many as 15 flats loaded in a can together, probably 30 mice in a flat. No worse then the boxes of crickets, and the birds, and the fish, both food and pet.  I'd be more concerned  with what's in some luggage.

BYT Driver said:

Actually, they are. If you got a doezen or so deer mice who have been infected into a plane...then Hanta virus could make its way out. Not funny.

Info from CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/diseases/hanta/hps/noframes/generalinfoindex.htm

Back