• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Beware of things that go BLIMP in the night

Michael OLeary

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
One man's tale of his "fight or flight" response kicking in, with all the resultant physiological impact.

http://sundaughter.livejournal.com/11034.html#cutid1

Wow, that was an awesome read.

Gotta be wary of those large silent menacing presences.

Thanks Michael. That was a great read. Exactly what I needed on a boring Monday morning at work..

It's funny that there are senses the human body has that we're not conciously aware of. It's hard to say that hearing, vision, taste, or touch could have played a role in that encounter. I think honing you're 6th sense, gut feeling, ESP.. whatever you call it is essential to avoid ambushes, IEDs, attacks while you're sleeping. How you can hone it I have no idea....

I get my manservant to attack me anytime, anywhere and I find that does wonders for honing my senses.
As a result I'm always ready, in fact there are times when I'll attack people pre-emptively because I sense that they're about to attack, or that they're thinking about being about to attack.

"I struck the approaching menace with all my strength and almost fell over at the total lack of resistance that a helium balloon offers when you punch the living shit out of it with all the stength that sudden middle of the night terror produces."

:rofl:

I was going to say Chinese butler, in an ode to the Pink Panther movies, but I figured that would offend someone.
And butler sounded pretentious, and not nearly as funny as manservant.
I suppose i could have gone with womanservant, but if Chinese Butler offends, womanservant would outrage.

Back