• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Up

You guys may have heard about that reality show done by Army News about recruits going through their BMQ.

There've been plenty of threads of this already asking when and how we can see more, well I just heard it's coming real soon.

Apparently it'll be posted to the Army web-site sometime in the next couple weeks around the same area they've had the small clips as a preview.

I'm looking forward to finally seeing this!  Not sure what the hold up was, probably typical red-tape type stuff, but maybe the second season of the show won't get held up as long whenever it finally finishes!

First full episode of Basic Up came out yesterday:

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/English/podcast/basicup_001.mp4

Keep your eyes on the Army podcasts ;).

bms said:

Awesome! Thank you for posting this. :)

is anyone else having issues with downloading?  mine doesn't work....I want to watch the funny recruits again  :(

can you tell me how you magically was able to get it to work...it is still being a lame download for me, and I have tried everything that I could think of, which isn't much, but normally it works...

Worked fine for me.  Great video, the only downside is I've already completed pretty much everything in that video, and I'll be gone before the next one! :D

It's taking forever to download for me...1-2% per minute.

LoKe, one of us has been imbimbing tonight because I couldn't make much sense out of your above post.

bms said:

Darn, it doesn't work for me.

Celticgirl said:
LoKe, one of us has been imbimbing tonight because I couldn't make much sense out of your above post.
Ah, probably my mistake.  I leave for Basic on the 8th and I've already completed most of the process detailed in the video.  I was hoping for another inside look at what's to come. ;)

LoKe said:
Ah, probably my mistake.  I leave for Basic on the 8th and I've already completed most of the process detailed in the video.  I was hoping for another inside look at what's to come. ;)

You could always go over the little previews they've got :D If you're that interesting... but I guess you've already watched them?

LoKe said:

Now that I understood. ;)

deej96 said:
can you tell me how you magically was able to get it to work...it is still being a lame download for me, and I have tried everything that I could think of, which isn't much, but normally it works...

Sorry Deej,

I didn't do anything specific, just kept trying "Download Podcast" and eventually it turned up in my iTunes downloading. Good luck :)

I had trouble at first as well. Try this...

Right click the link

Save Target As

Just finished watching, pretty sweet, kind of neat to see a bit down the road what I still got left for recruiting process

Grrr...only at 41%...still! I'm going to bed...will try again tomorrow. (sigh)  :(

It finally worked! ...randomly... the thing that helped me is leaving it alone...for a long long time...and then, when I was listening to music, I heard the cheesy intro music!  I was angry and happy all at the same time...

Back