• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Training

rpatno

Inactive
Reaction score
:cdn: :army: :cdn:
Allright, before you critisize, Im not one of those kids who see this as a last resort or a fallback option. I have wanted to do this since i knew what the army was. I have done a lot of research. There are still some things i need to know.

1. I live in Victoria, BC and I want to go into the regular forces. Will I be sent to Wainright, AB? or somewhere else? ( not that it matters )

2. I want to know about basic training ( ya know the different types of training within basic and the endurance of each type of training  )

3. After basic, when and if they post me somewhere, is there a fixed amount of time I am posted or does it depend on where and circumstances.

4. Last, i know being a good shot with a .303 and .270 ( blindsight ) dosnt qualify me for anything but can it get me anywhere special in the army, for example could I be someone to use a McMillan Tac .50 or C3A1, and is there seperate training to use them?

Just need some guidance thanks
:sniper:

Just a helpful hint.

Most of this stuff can be found on the Canadian Forces Website at www.forces.gc.ca

The information you are looking for can also be found by using the `search`function at the top of the page.
Simply type in some keywords such as `basic training`or `regular forces postings`and you will have near instant access to a wealth of information.

Both of these suggestions would be excellent additions to your `research` and will likely solve 98% of your questions before you even have a chance to ask them.

Welcome RPATNO, but I must unfortunately point out that you have likely gotten of to a bad start in the same way that so many new members to the site do. (Including myself  ;) )

Please read the FORUM GUIDELINES and NEW USER threads before posting.

Please take these suggestions to heart, as my response may very well be the politest you receive in this thread due to the nature of you questions.
You can probably expect a few rather rough responses, but unfortunately many of the more experienced members are very tired of the constant barrage of threads started with these sort of basic questions posted time and again by new members.

Once again welcome and good luck in your persuit. :salute:

Welcome rpatno!!

How is the weather in Victoria? That is my hometown and I miss it!
To give you an example of what you can expect, my best friend is in the RCD's and she left Victoria in 1997 for basic, got posted to Petawawa and has never been posted out since. There is a BMQ video out there that will show you a bit about what goes on. Do a search on here to find it.

That should answer your questions, and like Canadian Ceaser previously said, the search function on this site is your friend  ;D

Have a great day!

Cool thanks for the info. I thought i would get send to Alberta ( where my hometown is. ) I checked out that basic training video. The weather in victoria is good, it was close 30 on monday.

Allright thanks
:sniper:

Back