• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Para 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Arnie, you haven't been on MSN in a while. I need to talk to you about the Dutch wings...

About the dutch wings some of the guys are going to get them this april. O did you here about that PI that was killed in a jump? Man i think he was the reg force para instructor.

Hey every one! Padvaiskas here. i have some amazing pics of our 4th jump. you all should check it out at the canteen.

HEY BUD! HOW'S IT GOING?!

RMC...well St. Jean...is pretty cool. Its a nice place. The pt of course is not hard enough, nowhere near para standards...

Law or Arnie, put up some stuff about the Dutch wings. I'm think i'm going to give it a go. It'll be better than no wings at all.

Speaking of which, I'm probably going to switch my trade from Armoured to Infantry so I can go Airborne someday.

As for Captain Carreau, i found out where she went. She's on well deserved vacation backpacking in Asia/Australia for two months. Anyone got word on the Padre? I'd like to get his email and chat.

i'm doing good. living in kingston now. as for the padre he is at REMOVED BY MODERATOR if you can you should help out with the corps. myself and chatelain are there.

MOD: If you want to give out someones email, clear it with them first.  ESPECIALLY if its a business address.

You aren't airborne.  Get over yourselves.

You aren't airborne.  Get over yourselves.

Relax bud. We know we arn't AIRBORNE, its just a term we use to greet eachother and acknowledge mutual accomplishments. Also, its makes a bit of sense as we all had the word grounded into our heads by the staff. "Adopt the push up position GO"..."AIRBORNE"...1.2.3..."RECOVER" "AIRBORNE"..."any questions? OK, good, GO!!!" "AIRBORNE"...see what i mean?

As for the guys, don't worry too much about it, just don't flaunt the "Airborne" thing because some people get sensitive around here with "people who claim they are what they are not."

See, I'm pretty sure he wasn't doing pushups, and browsing the interwebs at the same time.

Guys, let me first say that you do make a valid point, but try hearing it from the Staff's perspective.

The guidelines state that you shall not try to embellish your qualifications and there is no leeway when it comes to that. So, we as Staff have to chase around every poser that comes here and clean up their garbage before it erupts into a flame war. And when hostilities do break out sometimes one of the more valued members ends up getting a slap on the wrist for becoming involved in a flame war that he didn't start. He got involved because he was defending himself, his unit, his experience, etc.

I can point out a great many number of former members, most get banned, others leave in shame, who have been outed here as posers and it is never pretty. Soldiers take great pride in their accomplishments and rarely tolerate someone passing themselves off as something they are not when it comes to soldiering.

We've had guys come in here and claim to be super secret security operators who do CP work ala Andy McNab - the guy was outed as being a kit twit who didn't even know proper weapons drills (Yes, the combat arms IS small enough that he was found out) We've had 16 year old girls claiming to have a "friend" in the JTF, a stretch in believing that one to begin with, and then she went around barking at other members because she said this guy told HER what was what in that unit!!! Now what JTF member in their right mind do you suppose would do such a thing and expect his career to continue were he ever found out? I know nothing other than what is commonly written about the Dwyer Hill Ski Team but I would think that OPSEC would prohibit one of theirs telling all to a teenager, no?!!!

See what I mean? There are tons of examples that the Staff have to deal with, hopefully the above two will serve to shed a bit of light on this for you as to why we get a bit testy.

Be proud of the fact that you passed the course that you did, good for you, but try to understand why some of the Staff and more senior members here cringe every time they see posts like the previous in this thread - we've all seen the outcomes.

Also, be thankful that there is a Cadet Forum here. Were the term "Airborne" to be shouted by a Cadet in the regular forums there would, most assuredly, be a bloodbath.

For the sake of one word........Can we just strike it from the vocabulary of those who are not? Easier to slip the tounge than the keyboard, no?

Kyle Burrows said:

Will a Bubby of mine from Winnipeg had done 4 jumps and on that 4th jumped he landed with a bad attitude and could not jump for his final jump to get his wings . But last Nov 7 he was sent to CPC to finish.
Not giving up....that all that is asked....right?

Yeah it was Davidson.

About yelling Airborne, no he wasn't doing push ups had you read it clearly it says it's a way we greated each other. We don't claim to be Airborne, never did, never will. But the course for a cadet means much more than to most reservists or reg force, they get paid for their time there, and as one of our PI's said we're there only because we want the qualificaton and we have heart, not just for the pay and another badge, as some of the other candidates considered the jump course. If you have a problem with cadets who have jumped and humped their asses for 5 weeks for the pure thrill of jumping and being an elite of cadets if you will, as opposed to the 3 week course for the rest of the CF, then ignore the comment, carry on and go whine about actual posers. Or better yet, avoid the cadet forum entirely! I doubt any of those who've been on course will choose to stop typing AIRBORNE simply because it offends some. That's exactly the attitude that has deteriorated our CF because we aren't allowed to do anything "offensive" or aggressive. well once and for all..

:skull:AIRBORNE!!! :skull:

As for Kyle burrows, I see you're a 3rd year cadet, until you've been on curse, passed or fail aside, you don't know the drive and determination it takes to even get slotted with Cadets. So you have no where to be saying get over yourselves. :threat:

Guardsman,

I appreciate your input, everyone is entitled to an opinion, let's discuss a few points.

But the course for a cadet means much more than to most reservists or reg force

You can, of course, back this up with factual information, right? I mean you must have talked to some of the jump qualified members here or elsewhere in order to be able to make such a bold statement, correct?

If you have a problem with cadets who have jumped and humped their asses for 5 weeks for the pure thrill of jumping and being an elite of cadets if you will, as opposed to the 3 week course for the rest of the CF, then ignore the comment, carry on and go whine about actual posers.

Where on earth did you get something like that? Nothing about your coursing, or anyone else's, was ever mentioned. Don't accuse me of whining when I was trying to help YOU.

I doubt any of those who've been on course will choose to stop typing AIRBORNE simply because it offends some.

That's a fine attitude to go into adult life with. If that's the way you feel then fine, I'll watch the fallout as a spectator.

That's exactly the attitude that has deteriorated our CF because we aren't allowed to do anything "offensive" or aggressive.

You are a Cadet, right? If that's the case then where do you get off making a statement like that? How long have you served and what have you seen or experienced to make that comment?

Go read my post again, maybe you'll understand it the second time. I was not trying to take anything away from any of you that have done your courses, I think I even offered congrats to the grads, I asked you to be mature, which I see has failed at least once, and see it from my perspective. Go look at some of the locked threads in this forum and you'll see some similarities....

Granted, sorry i was quick on the guns, but I didn't mean to aim my comments to you. Thanks for backing us up. As for my comment on the CF deteriorated etc, coming from a family of jumpers trust me I've heard my share of stories through the generations and you can see the difference in the state of he CF, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how we've gone downhill in the past 50 years. I get upset and bitter when Airborne-bashing comments come up (even if it is a 3rd year cadet who's nothing but a LEG and most likely will be forever), as I've said many generatons of jumpers from the 40's up to now in my family. And I'm sure that not all reservist and reg force take the qualification as nothing, but we met some who it was their 4th time there and didn't care if they failed, they openly joked how they lept from the mock tower doing a superman pose. It is a big deal for cadets as it is for some soldiers but the fact that only 50 of us per year get the opportunity gives us even more pride of getting the wings. Just my 2 cents.

Guardsman said:
Granted, sorry i was quick on the guns, but I didn't mean to aim my comments to you. Thanks for backing us up. As for my comment on the CF deteriorated etc, coming from a family of jumpers trust me I've heard my share of stories through the generations and you can see the difference in the state of he CF, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how we've gone downhill in the past 50 years. I get upset and bitter when Airborne-bashing comments come up (even if it is a 3rd year cadet who's nothing but a LEG and most likely will be forever), as I've said many generatons of jumpers from the 40's up to now in my family. And I'm sure that not all reservist and reg force take the qualification as nothing, but we met some who it was their 4th time there and didn't care if they failed, they openly joked how they lept from the mock tower doing a superman pose. It is a big deal for cadets as it is for some soldiers but the fact that only 50 of us per year get the opportunity gives us even more pride of getting the wings. Just my 2 cents.

parachute course an airborne soldier does not make.....

You may have a long family history of military service but that is their experience and not yours.  Until the day you sign on the dotted line YOU will never know what life in the military is like and will, until such day, remain unqualified to comment.  I have yet to meet a reg force or res force soldier who is not proud of the wings on his chest......NEVER !!  Good on you for completing the basic para course...dont get me wrong on that.  But you are still missing what makes someone "airborne".......the soldier part, the dedication to the mission and your unit and the years of training.  That,  from my observation, gives you the right to claim that title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back