• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bad Beach Landing

I've seen that a few times, but nonetheless everytime i see it i laugh..

Can't.... stop.... LAUGHING...  ;D ;D
The music was especially fitting for this occasion... ;)

That beach landing is classic.   ;D

On a more sobering note, it also gives a clear demonstration of how it is possible to drown in a "puddle" (e.g. stories from D-Day paratroopers) if your buddies aren't there to haul you out.

Then perhaps the poor unfortunate man should have been taxing people around instead of stealing.

I'd agree with that statement if the individual had been caught stealing a Plasma TV, etc.  But they stole wood...  I don't think the appropriate responce was to destroy the car.  I would like to think those soldiers got reprimanded for their actions, but I seriously doubt it.

Thread...running...off...track...  :(

I was hoping we could all just laugh at this misfortune of the RM, with the lesson that mistakes do occur in all military organizations...  Without involving debate over the Iraq conflict. 

Post another video of something funny, so we can laugh our way back on track :p.  This time tho, don't post a video that makes you think... cause thinking is bad.

Sheerin said:
Then perhaps the poor unfortunate man should have been taxing people around instead of stealing.

I'd agree with that statement if the individual had been caught stealing a Plasma TV, etc.   But they stole wood...   I don't think the appropriate responce was to destroy the car.   I would like to think those soldiers got reprimanded for their actions, but I seriously doubt it.

And what if some other guy was using that wood to rebuild his house or something and these guys just up and steal it? Besides the principle is still there. You steal you get punished. Simple enough

Kirkpatrick,

In defence of the Green Machine, those weren't Royal Marines.  I don't remember what unit they came from but I do remember from the original airing of that video that it was stated explicitly that this wasn't the way the Marines did it.  If I remember correctly it was a regular infantry unit assigned port defence duties at Umm Qasr working in conjunction with some Army Engineer boats.

Having said that, still one of the funniest videos going.  Just retransmitted it to a couple of buddies in the States.

Cheers.

http://www.trackpads.com/video/index.php?action=showpic&cat=122&pic=1269

This one is great.

Lexi that was hillarious, thanks for posting that.

Regarding the americans discharging their pistol into a car then running it over with their tank, that topic was posted some time ago and discussed. If your interested you should do a search for it and get the thread going again with your opinion and see if anyone bites.

In a new thread i would be willing to argue shooting your pistol into a car in the middle of a street then rolling over the car with a tank isn't such a great way to win their 'hearts and minds'.

Check out this video of a bunch of British soldiers on LSD (for testing purposes of course). Funny stuff.

http://hes.iki.fi/video/LSD_Being_Tested_on_Brtish_Troops.mpg
right click save as

Does anyone suppose that these guys' mates set them up for a good stitch?   Always loved the humor (humour) of the British, Canadians, Aussies and Kiwis.   Definitely lacking in the US military, what with senior NCOs and officers constantly looking for the Colonel or General over their shoulders.   Zero-defect, y'know.

Encourage your sons to have large families.  ;)

Back