• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Background Investigation

Gorak

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just wondering what do the RCMP ask your references in the Background Investigation?  I know that they want character assessments etc, but do they ask your references about your disclosure's in your PEP booklet? 

It's a structured interview conducted  by a regular member or (out in the LMD) a retired former member.

They will verify and confirm with your background persons all that you disclosed in the PEP. However that being said they won't disclose any private or personal information....it's all in the way the questions are asked!

The retired members conducting these background investigations are usually very seasoned investigators...don't let the grey hair fool you! they will get the required answer from your references!

Noneck

Will they talk to anyone other than: past employers, family, character references (3), neighbourhood reference (1), and close friends and associates (5) that are all listed on the HR forms I completed?  Or is it more on a case by case basis?

I don't know. My background interviewer spoke with several people who were not on my list, to include people I worked with and for, neighbours from various places i'd lived ect.

On your personal security form it lists all those places for the past 10 years. They may just go out and do a door knock!

If you have questions or concerns, this is the time to make a disclosure to your file investigator, rather than have something come out.

Noneck

More curious than concerned.  I have excellent rapport with my neighbourhood and previous employers so I'm not worried at all.  Thanks for the help and the information!

Back